Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro 2t sniffer

Jethro 2t sniffer

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Picked up a 5400 this week from the original owner, even has original Poulan 28" bar on it. Piston was scored lightly but the rings were free and not damaged, so I pulled the jug and it had some light transfer on it. I scotch brite padded the piston and cylinder by hand a bit to smooth it out, put it back together and put new fuel line in. Then I cleaned it up a bit. Runs good, tons of compression so it should be good to go. (ignore the Poulan 6000 in the first pic, it's not mine, just working on it for a guy.)

View attachment 803828View attachment 803829View attachment 803830View attachment 803831

Very very nice

fossil
Thanks Tim, the old gentleman I got it from was pretty cool too, the few minutes I got to talk to him. Only getting rid of it cause he can't pull the cord with no compression release.

I got my 8500 that way. Bad shoulders can be a curse when you're getting older. I've been lucky so far but they are a joint that if hurt plague your until your last day.

Jethro 2t sniffer

Jethro 2t sniffer

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Big bore? What cylinder do you have on there?

We were discussing it a few pages back can't remember the company but back in the day they were boring and replating presumably scored cylinders and it appears only two exist. I can't remember about the piston but yeah anyway that's the jist of it. Todd happened to have a yarn with a chap 1 day and he had a couple green saws of his passed on brothers.

The piston looked terrible and Todd worked his magic and saved it

fossil
We were discussing it a few pages back can't remember the company but back in the day they were boring and replating presumably scored cylinders and it appears only two exist. I can't remember about the piston but yeah anyway that's the jist of it. Todd happened to have a yarn with a chap 1 day and he had a couple green saws of his passed on brothers.

The piston looked terrible and Todd worked his magic and saved it

I doubt very much only two exist. Maybe only two known about on here. It's not much of a big bore over stock. I believe they did 3400's as well.

Latest posts