Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@joe25DA "The Carlton bar is new the chain is junk".... Unless the cutters are terrible, once I grind that safety link off with a metal cutoff disk on a handheld grinder 10 -15 minutes, I've found the chain does pretty decent. I've got a few of the CVA's in that grey color.
I know guys have done that, and it sure makes sense. This saw will be for sale so I’ll leave it alone. I’ve had a lot of them too. This was the only one right now. I took it out for a rip today and it runs great. Others made top handles, Stihl has had some great ones, echo too. For the money the micro and S25 are hard to beat. Well made simple to repair. Those are the only 3 I’d consider.

Shameless plug here, but I listed a nice runner 4000 for sale today. I like the saw but I need to make some space in my garage for another toy that’s inbound. I still have a bunch of little Poulans to keep feeding my green/yellow fix. FYI, my new saw will not be cream and orange.

Shameless plug here, but I listed a nice runner 4000 for sale today. I like the saw but I need to make some space in my garage for another toy that’s inbound. I still have a bunch of little Poulans to keep feeding my green/yellow fix. FYI, my new saw will not be cream and orange.
Plug away and good luck!! I have two already , otherwise!!!!!.........

Ha, yeah, if I found a 655 in good shape…… I’d have to make more room.
I also have a bunch of 295/4620 parts available if anyone needs them, PM me what you’re looking for. You pay the shipping. My 4620 needs a piston and a cylinder, not worth fixing it. Everything else was in nice shape, pissed at myself for getting too aggressive bucking big wood with it.

Well that sold quick, less than 2 hours. Evidently I priced it right for someone that wanted it, and I’m glad. I put some money into it when I got it and cleaned it up good, so it will be ready to use for a while.

Ha, yeah, if I found a 655 in good shape…… I’d have to make more room.
I also have a bunch of 295/4620 parts available if anyone needs them, PM me what you’re looking for. You pay the shipping. My 4620 needs a piston and a cylinder, not worth fixing it. Everything else was in nice shape, pissed at myself for getting too aggressive bucking big wood with it.

Hello nick55 , check your private messages .
Scott

Here is that “335” that was on fleabay which was actually a Super 380 🤤. It turned out to be good in the end. It definitely had a couple minor issues. Compression was good, P&C looked great. Someone did paint the chassis, no big deal, looks ok. One of the lower mounts wasn’t installed correctly, fixed that. It came with a 20” .325 B&C while the saw still had the original 3/8 rim sprocket 😬.Replaced the rim just in case and put a 20” 3/8 B&C I had. Replaced the 2 shoe clutch with the 3 shoe that came on them. The recoil wasn’t right. They had the 380 flywheel on it and stuck the 335 recoil on it 🤦🏻‍♂️. That doesn’t work. I put a flywheel and recoil from a 336 I had. Saw wouldn’t start, not a pop. Checked, no ignition, checked switch not that, no biggie I got another module. Went to replace the module found they pinched the kill wire under the ground wire when they put the module back in from painting. So apparently they never ran it after all the work.
C0756FA5-751E-4914-8FC3-043B9C9AF232.jpegDA6C9285-733C-4A7C-B4B5-9D527CD328D0.jpeg

Back