Nitrous

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOBRDGO

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I picked up a fogger setup for a harley that I think I can jet for a saw. Is this legal in any classes? Thanks alot.

It is OK here in the Northwest "open class" some shows may frown on it though. Sam Madsen of madsens saw shop had a real nice 084 with nitrous.
A real clean setup even had the battery pack under the flywheel cover to power the selonoids when you hit the go fast button. Remember to feed more fuel also as it will go way lean in a hurry. Im sure you know this though.
Good luck.

Rotax Robert

one thing you have to remember, if you put the nitrous just in behind the carb like most kits do and that feeds the crankcase . now when you let off on the nitrous you still have to burn whatever is left in the crankcase and that is pretty wild when things go wrong like throw the chain stuff like that enough after a good run it 3 to 4 seconds of hell. I guess it depends on how much you are fogging in also but when we did it we went full out , balls to the wall. one thing is a rpm limiter that you can set , it helps alot cause even with the throttle closed after your run until it burns everything in the crankcase the motor can still turn 14000 , 15000 rpm's or higher.
Now if you put the nitrous in threw the head it would be alot easier to control, but anyways have fun

Thank you very much that input it was pure gold and I'm not being sarcastic. Rotax Robert I pm'd you. I was thinking a battery backpack (moped size) as well as the bottle. It would control the weight of the saw. I don't like things sticking out of my saw if I have a choice. How about feeding it via the decompressor hole? The fogger has it's own electric fuel pump and fuel nozzle to control the lean out issue. I have seen Madsen's saw but if I remember correctly he never competed with that saw. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I have a few less than desireable ebay nightmare macs that I can experiment with. If this ever gets beyond a shiny pile of parts on the shelf in my shop I'll be sure to share the outcome. I do have a D 33 powered minibike that would make a good test mule though.

Back