No BS assesment is a MS362 any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it the MS362 or MS362 C-M that you are getting? IMO, I would not go for the MS362. But I love my MS362 C-M! It's an awesome saw! My MS661 R C-M is a freakin' awesome saw. But I would pass on the non-Mtronic version, if it were me. Just my 2 cents...

How do I know if it's M-tronic on non M-tronic, is it easy to tell by the carb?

The orange badge on the side only says MS362 , so does that mean a non M-tronic? Or is there some other indicator?

How do I know if it's M-tronic on non M-tronic, is it easy to tell by the carb?

The orange badge on the side only says MS362 , so does that mean a non M-tronic? Or is there some other indicator?

Mtron model has an automotive lookin twist off air filter , no holes for carb screws , "c" on the recoil tag , and a 2 piece muffler.

Ok, it is not M-tronic, so is that a deal breaker? I ran the saw and it runs strong and smooth. I'm pretty sure I will like using it. Pro level saws around here go for big $$$$.

It comes more to condition and how it feels to you. I have on each 362 and a cm. It was my first M-tronic. Both are good runners. I haven't run them head to head. The cm might have slight edge but certainly not a big differece. I also have a 660 and an M-tronic 661 (I know, don't judge me). Some say the M-Tronic is best, other want the standard carb. Others say pigs and get this or that Echo, Husky or such. Everyone has opinions but YOURS is the only one that counts. Main performance difference comes down to a good sharp chain including raker depth. I can only get by hand filing, some are awesome, I carry several sharp chains change out and hit em with grinder after dark. Find ethonol free fuel and use good synthetic, stay safe and don't look back.

LoveStihlQuality

DWBB,

I can't compare brands for you but I have a owned since new 036Pro, two pre-owned MS362s (non-M) and a ported MS361. I have run both 20" and 25" bars on the 036 and the 362. I cut only hardwood. That said the 362 seems to have more torque than the 036 and better gas mileage. Neither can hold a candle to the ported 361 but that is not a fair comparison.* The 362 will handle a 25" bar well enough to own a 25" bar (including bucking bar length wood) and it might actually be handy with a 28" for really small stuff (say bucking saucer size sticks that are laying on the ground). But in your other thread you posted "I would only use the 28" bar for felling large stuff, 90% of the time the MS362 will be running a 20" bar and kicking some butt." IMHO you are asking for trouble falling large hardwood with a 28" barred 362; 25" for falling is a stretch for a 362. For falling hardwood of a size requiring a 28" bar you should have at least a strong 70 cc saw and preferably more ccs. I would also advise you to check the allusion that you will be "kicking some butt" with a 20" bar unless you are stating this relative to a much smaller saw.

In conclusion, I have found the 362 to be a good saw. And contrary to many here, if I had a one saw plan for firewood, it would be a pro quality 60cc saw.

Ron

* I would add I would take a pristine properly ported 361 over a new 362 at the same money. I did not run the 361 in stock form enough to compare it with the others.

i use a 362 regularily,and find it a good saw. Need to be kept revving hard for optimum performance,but once they are broken in,theyre a nice fast saw.
I actually prefer mine to my ms460 magnum for most timber.

My biggest problem with the ms362 is that their is a 562xp...

Spoken like a politician...lol. Lotsa good hard facts to go on there, just through it out there and see what sticks. Well maybe "the logger" needs to stick with what works for him.

I loved guys like Steve in the Army, of course they didn't last too long in the Army either. People can see right though that BS!

Spoken like a politician...lol. Lotsa good hard facts to go on there, just through it out there and see what sticks. Well maybe "the logger" needs to stick with what works for him.

I loved guys like Steve in the Army, of course they didn't last too long in the Army either. People can see right though that BS!

What BS , that's exactly what he told me yesterday' Plus I was sawing logs at another place where he couldn't keep his 362 running. And the 3rd place who has a newer MS362 used my CS600p and wanted to trade after he used the CS600p. Who's full of BS, not me but I own Stihl saws but don't wear Stihl shorts. Steve

I talked to my friend's cousin's brother's friend who knew a guy who said his 550xp didnt start and he would never buy a husqvarna again based on that one experience.

Getting rather far removed from actual facts from a logger yesterday. I think these auto tune saws are set lean thanks to the EPA. I'd rather have a tunable carb any day. Steve

i met a logger who wouldnt start,was running too lean until he went on a high carb diet setting,but then choked because it was too rich.
what?

Back