No change in rpm H/L adj

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlFroling

Only the Best.....Type A
Reaction score
On my BG 85 blower, I don't get hardly any rpm change when I adjust the H needle. It just kinda makes it sluggish to snappy. Limiters are removed and its 3 years old. This is the first year I noticed the primer bulb acting up. Just wondering if these carbs are like this or time for kit or new carb. Plug is very nice, same since day one. P&C is mint. Runs good , other than I'm not getting any change.

It's gone already but thanks. And yes it did. I had a hard time testing something consistently to see if it did anything. But I did finally find it would blow the same heavy object about 2 feet to 2 1/2 farther. I didn't notice any rpm change just louder. And a tad more peppy. I mean I can turn the H screw in 3/4 of a turn till it stops and it doesn't effect rpm. Is this just an EPA carb thing. My older non EPA carb blows WAY better, like double the distance.

Iirc the screws are reversed on that blower. Turns in to richen.

Edit, maybe should have said clockwise.

Its odd that you can change the screw so much without rpm change, is the air filter clean? if it was mine I would pop the carb off and clean it, be gentle with the diaphragms, maybe just order new ones, you can get crap under the little meter lever, careful there's a spring. if in doubt take pictures as you take it apart, clean through under h+l screws. Ive used air, carb cleaner and brake cleaner on carbs but careful, brake cleaner can eat plastics and rubbers.
do spark plug and decent fuel filter too

Back