No Compression ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozflea

Good ol' BP Zoom 25-1
Reaction score
Here's a classic for ya, just had a saw dropped in for repair with no compression mind you it looked as if half the state forest was on the saw in the form of sawdust, so i dragged the old Mac 15 up to the shed and with a tug on the starter handle no compression so i removed the exhaust stub and all looked fine with no obvious damage, next i tryed to pry out the spark plug boot which was a hard as a bulls forehead once out all was reveiled there lay the spark plug across the top of the cylinder. I'd say it's been that long since someone had even bothered to check it and it had losened and vibrated free of even the H/T lead.

Moral to this story, always check for the obvious before proceeding further, might save a bit of time before you look kinda silly.

Mc Bob.

The 655 Mac I've got was thrown out by it's previous owner. No compression. Turned out the flywheel nut had loosened & the flywheel key was sheared. The flywheel & crank were OK, I just needed a new key.

Back