No More Heating With Firewood In New York?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I was talking about the gas ATV ban . May work for people in the suburbs never going to work where your 8 hours away from electricity . Unless the state puts charging stations all over state property.

I always thought farmers would have it real tough going all electric. I've watched those guys work till midnight when its time to harvest so they get it all done. I don't think they have time to wait for stuff to charge back up. Also new home construction. Maybe people don't realize that there is no power on site until the electrical rough inspection passes and the service is put in then tied into the grid. Do they make battery powered generators?🤔

The bill references an outdoor furnace ban . This has been a long ongoing thing here many communities have already banned them here or put in strick requirements like at least a 20 ft chimney .

And some of these people throw anything in that will burn . So they burn with thick black smoke and are very noticable . We had one person that was burning railroad ties and the DEP came into the fray because they have toxic cchemicals. I believe he was hit with some hefty fines from burning to disposal of toxic materials.

I always thought farmers would have it real tough going all electric. I've watched those guys work till midnight when its time to harvest so they get it all done. I don't think they have time to wait for stuff to charge back up. Also new home construction. Maybe people don't realize that there is no power on site until the electrical rough inspection passes and the service is put in then tied into the grid. Do they make battery powered generators?🤔
Ya they do but only for small things like running a fridge and a couple of lights for a few hours. It's all pipe dream if you dont have a standby generator and live here your up schitz creek. We lose power a couple times a month.

Just about every new upper level homes have a standby propane or ng genny .

Now I can see cleaning up carbon emission heating in NYC alot of buildings still burn #4 oil. But to convert to all electric is going to tax an already overloaded grid . While were not as bad as some areas we still have the occasional rolling brownouts mostly during the summer with all the A/CS going . Just imagine a sub zero daywithall electric buildings . How much you want to bet they will either have NG or diesel generator backup . Which alot of buildings have already

About banning gas in NY and forcing Electric. Where does the electric come from. If it is coal generation or gas generation then burning fossil fuel remotely then converting the heat to electricity then transporting it to the city where it can be turned back into heat is much worse for the environment.

About banning gas in NY and forcing Electric. Where does the electric come from. If it is coal generation or gas generation then burning fossil fuel remotely then converting the heat to electricity then transporting it to the city where it can be turned back into heat is much worse for the environment.

They have closed all the coal plants down. The small town I live in was home to a coal plant and that closure greatly impacted the tax money for the school and community. It also raised our taxes over 100 percent for the local town tax.

NY makes a good majority of its power from the Niagara falls and none of those other coal plants are needed anymore apparently. We were always "told", so I could be wrong, that the Niagara falls plant sent power to Canada and NYC so idk how it works now with all the coal plants closed.

The plant has a reservoir to aid in power production if there is a high demand.

The NY legislation referenced here WILL NOT prohibit heating with wood. Read the entire act (I just did) and please find any prohibition (or proposed prohibition) of burning wood for heat.

Not familiar with the country radio station that got everyone worked up about this, but someone over there needs to learn reading comprehension.

NY state is not proposing to end wood heat. Relax folks.

No, no, you don't get it, we are doing everything to be environmentally friendly, how it works is, get someone else to cut it down and then send it to us so we can burn it and that's ok because quite a few people don't know it's happening, then we go on telly bigging ourselves up because the government has promised to plant 3 million trees over the coming years and all the world looks and see's how green we are. What BS.
Your sarcasim isnt lost. But more truth to your statement than most folks realize. New York is against cutting trees and using them for heat, but they have no problem with stripping forest in NC and sending the wood to europe to generate electricity. Hyprocisy at its finest. Trees might be carbon neutral, and the carbon released by burning is used back up when the new trees regrow, but it took that tree 50+years to capture that carbon and it will take another 50 years to recapture all the carbon that was released. In the mean time, all that carbon is floating around in the air. One other thing to realize about cutting a tree is it isnt all just carbon, there are a ton of other nutrients inside a tree. When a tree dies in the forest and decays there, all those nutrients are returned to the soil. When you cut a tree and hual it across the ocean, you have effectively mined the soil where the harvest has taken place. simply replanting a tree for everone that is harvested, doesnt replace the nutrients lost. I read somewhere once that 90% of the US forest are growing in nutrient deficient soil because most forest are on their 3 and 4 cuttings. Might help explain all the forest dying off, or at least be part of the reason. It might be interesting to also note that at one time the great Sahari desert was once a tropical rain forest. Deforestation is what turned it into a geat big sand box. Trees are a great resource to store water, no trees, no water = desert.

Your sarcasim isnt lost. But more truth to your statement than most folks realize. New York is against cutting trees and using them for heat, but they have no problem with stripping forest in NC and sending the wood to europe to generate electricity. Hyprocisy at its finest.
nah, we get your castoffs (pelleted bark/branches/sawdust) you keep the lumber
trees should be used for construction, locked in carbon, plenty of medieval roof trusses still survive

If your paying attention. TO the United Nation agenda 21 being shove up our arses world wide. You would read in net zero part all burning to be outlawed... They want us on a controllable electric grid ... that they alone reg. And moderate.. same agenda that wants 4/5ths reduction in pop. World wide.. wake up and join the rest ot the planet fighting this. Go on Ruptly or 504cut New revolution on and many more on the utube to watch the fight going on world wide. Over the A.I. vax chips to control all of us. My fav. Is the World Economic Forum ELITE ( world banks)flipping the bill for all the Brainwashing your watching while they pull of the switch.

nah, we get your castoffs (pelleted bark/branches/sawdust) you keep the lumber
trees should be used for construction, locked in carbon, plenty of medieval roof trusses still survive
Not true, To many internet pictures of whole logs ,loaded on ships and stacked up at the power plants.

Another bit of trivia if you want to research it. There are thousands of large cargo ships in the oceans moving products back and forth across the big ponds. It has been estimated that 15 of those large transports put out as much co2 as all the cars and trucks in the world. One should ask themselfs is the world really serious about reducing carbon emmisions.

If your paying attention. TO the United Nation agenda 21 being shove up our arses world wide. You would read in net zero part all burning to be outlawed... They want us on a controllable electric grid ... that they alone reg. And moderate.. same agenda that wants 4/5ths reduction in pop. World wide.. wake up and join the rest ot the planet fighting this. Go on Ruptly or 504cut New revolution on and many more on the utube to watch the fight going on world wide. Over the A.I. vax chips to control all of us. My fav. Is the World Economic Forum ELITE ( world banks)flipping the bill for all the Brainwashing your watching while they pull of the switch.
The conspiracy theory police weighing in here . . .

What in the world are you going on about? Sorry, but this is bizarro-stuff.

We were talking about NY state legislators who were accused of banning wood heat (although no such thing happened), and you're talking about nutty stuff.

A.I. vax chips to control all of us
Really? My wife has been working for several months giving Covid vaccinations at the county fairgrounds. I think she'd know if there were chips in the shots she gives.

I'm curious about how you load those computer chips in a syringe. (No, actually I don't want to hear any such foolishness.)

Really? My wife has been working for several months giving Covid vaccinations at the county fairgrounds. I think she'd know if there were chips in the shots she gives.

I'm curious about how you load those computer chips in a syringe. (No, actually I don't want to hear any such foolishness.)

As he types it on his government controlled device LoL. Crazy is strong with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I didn't get the vaccine for other reasons mainly because I didn't think I needed it and I recently had covid and was absolutely fine. As for the chip thing why would you want to control me or monitor me? I live in rural america and am a skilled trades worker I go to work come home drink eat and sleep. There is a control/money thing with the vaccine but its not in a chip its called politicians and big pharma. Live in NY you will see reality but not crazy conspiracy.

NY has a law where a landowner is liable for any damages caused from a beaver dam on their property failing. This includes washed out culverts and roadways. The damages could easily add up to hundreds of thousands of dollars. Ok, now that you know that. NY also has a law that prohibits landowners from removing beaver dams on their property. I love the land where I live in the Adirondack Mountains, but my disgust for the NYS government grows deeper everyday. This new wood burning law has nothing to do at all with the climate or anyone's health, just like every other law passed in the name of protecting the planet. They want us all dead and continue killing us all while telling us that they're doing it for our own health, safety and well being. I think everyone who burns wood in NY should start a campfire on their front lawn and keep it burning in protest of the new law. Let them choke on our wood smoke the same way we choke on their chemtrails.

Back