No need to mix gas "runs great"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He has since revised the item description and there is no mention of running it on straight gas. I would report it, but I never saw the original ad and I don't want to make an accusation based on hearsay.

He has since revised the item description and there is no mention of running it on straight gas. I would report it, but I never saw the original ad and I don't want to make an accusation based on hearsay.

I didnt report the listing, but I asked him a question that went like this.

"Ok, so before you revised your listing, you basically stated that the saw had been run on straight gas, care to elaborate on that?"

It actually never said it was ran on straight gas. It said that there's no need to mix oil with the gas as it has it's own oil tank and that the saw ran great in the original description. I'm thinking it is someone who knows nothing about saws that paid a couple bucks at a yard sell for it and trying to make some cash and I doubt serious if he knows how to even start it.

It actually never said it was ran on straight gas. It said that there's no need to mix oil with the gas as it has it's own oil tank and that the saw ran great in the original description. I'm thinking it is someone who knows nothing about saws that paid a couple bucks at a yard sell for it and trying to make some cash and I doubt serious if he knows how to even start it.

Thats interesting, dont some 2 stroke boat motors have a seperate oil tank? I know my buddies old jet ski has this set up. You put reg gas in the tank and the oil in its own tank. Ive heard that the system stinks and most guys run mix in the tank and eliminate the oil injection. Maybe he has an oil injected saw?:dizzy:

Thats interesting, dont some 2 stroke boat motors have a seperate oil tank? I know my buddies old jet ski has this set up. You put reg gas in the tank and the oil in its own tank. Ive heard that the system stinks and most guys run mix in the tank and eliminate the oil injection. Maybe he has an oil injected saw?:dizzy:

Your mate's jet-ski is no different from many 2-stroke motorbikes. A lot of motocross guys used to ditch the oil injection and run pre-mix. I'm not sure whether it makes much difference, but I do know that some engines with oil injection run some of the 2-stroke oil directly to the bearings. I like the idea of oil lubricating the bearings before getting mixed with gas, but there may be some disadvantages.

Any takers on this one. Getting a little off-topic though....

In college I had a Suzuki GT550 2 stroke 3 cylinder motorcycle. It did have a separate oil tank for the 2 stroke oil. I forgot and ran that tank dry once, but it must not have been running like that for too long because I thankfully didn't destroy the engine. Teenagers.

Actually the world has had oil injected 2 stroke outboards, PWC's and snowmobiles for decades and they function extremely well. you will never see it on a hand held chainsaw because of weight. You will see 4 stoke chainsaws first.

Actually the world has had oil injected 2 stroke outboards, PWC's and snowmobiles for decades and they function extremely well. you will never see it on a hand held chainsaw because of weight. You will see 4 stoke chainsaws first.
Yep your right there. The guy who listed the saw probably had an oil injected 2 stroke at one time and thought it must be so with the saw, proving he knows nothing about chainsaws and whether it runs great or not. Although those little Poulan-Craftsman weren't bad saws back in their day. I know a lot of arborist that made a lot of cash with them

Last edited:
Here is the response I got from the member on Ebay:

i'm sorry,i told it wrong i'm a women,i miss under stood what i was told the gas and oil is a mix and then the bar and chain has oil

i'm sorry,i told it wrong i'm a women,i miss under stood what i was told the gas and oil is a mix and then the bar and chain has oil

Must be STD

Wow she has my grammar skills; not only is she a women(plural) but the word misunderstood is now three individual words. yep it must be STD

Shoot, I know a guy who did away with the oil injection in his RX-7 and mixes 10 or 15 gallons of 2-stroke at a time for it. Friggin' Wankels.

In college I had a Suzuki GT550 2 stroke 3 cylinder motorcycle. It did have a separate oil tank for the 2 stroke oil. I forgot and ran that tank dry once, but it must not have been running like that for too long because I thankfully didn't destroy the engine. Teenagers.

Had one myself, grass. Miss that bike like nobody's business. Never ran the oil tank dry before I wrecked it. Teenagers.

Latest posts

Back