No PPE and bar is going to be in a bind!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gloves, no-check. Eye Protection, no-check. Hearing protection no-check, etc. Near term disaster imminent

For classroom discussion: How could this have been avoided?
- Manditory background check for all chainsaw sales or transfers.
- Limit bar length to no more than 14".
- Limit purchase to 1 chainsaw per month.
- Limit the amount of fuel that the tank can hold.
- Ban the sale or importation of any chainsaw that is large, loud, or looks too dangerous.
- Other common sense measures to be determined later.

It’s hard to size up a whole tree when you’re only looking at 10 feet of it.
So true. A picture tells a thousand words of only what it shows. It does not show the whole picture and the dynamics of the situation. Pull it out and under buck is what my brain says, but I'm not there. It does show he is just getting it done as we cringe that the picture is showing no PPE. He may have never used it or??? He even could have been a old time heavy logger and this is just light work. There is always more to a picture that is not shown. Thanks for the reminder....

So true. A picture tells a thousand words of only what it shows. It does not show the whole picture and the dynamics of the situation. Pull it out and under buck is what my brain says, but I'm not there. It does show he is just getting it done as we cringe that the picture is showing no PPE. He may have never used it or??? He even could have been a old time heavy logger and this is just light work. There is always more to a picture that is not shown. Thanks for the reminder....

True! Myself, I am a bit over the top as far as eye and ear protection goes. I don't know what it is but wood chips are all in my face, and without some mesh googles or a face shield I do get a chip in my eye once or twice a year. Last year was the worst. Cutting a downed live tree, sap was squirted into my eye. No harm was done but it had me busting my way thru the thick brush so I could get to the creek and rinse out my eye. There is just no way to predict when you are going to lose sight due to a piece of something flying out the chute of the saw.

Out come the safety police. Better lock him up and take away anything dangerous, he might actually be trying to do some good for himself or someone else. People round here just can’t mind there own business with others. You guys would rather criticize someone then lend a helping hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out come the safety police. Better lock him up and take away anything dangerous, he might actually be trying to do some good for himself or someone else. People round here just can’t mind there own business with others. You guys would rather criticize someone then lend a helping hand.

Sorry if I offended you. He probably is helping someone. I’ve helped others cut up trees after ice storms and I wish more people wore PPE to protect themselves. It only takes a split second for something to go wrong and get hurt or killed.

220.jpg

Latest posts

Back