No Spark ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kidd300

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I 'm Building a 032 Saw I Got everything checked out with a Ohm Meter but when i pull the the saw i get no spark but accidentally touched the spark plug tip WOWSers that hurt whats up with this why no spark at spark plug ?

could the flywheel be bad i mean the magnets be too weak ?

I checked the points their set OK the coil checks out on the ohm meter the wire is good i tried it without the condenser just too see if it was bad

and help would help

thanks

Mike

The rubber mounts make it sometimes hard to get a spark on that
model. I am assuming that your saw has the two access plugs on the
flywheel? What gap do you have the points at?

Have you tried a new plug?

Maybe that plug is popped.if you have any fire to the wire.. It has to be the plug. doesn't it?

032's have no access hole in flywheel have to make shift tool to help set gap and i got it down to the frame no carb anything just putting it back to gether

I figured that 120 thousands gage off the key way to the points follower works ok

I just went through this with a husky 44 that I bought used. I cleaned the saw up and then got it ready to start. I must have pulled it over a 100 times and only herd it pop 1 or 2 times. I then changed the gas and put fresh gas in but still it would not start. I kept pulling the plug out and blow drying it clean, it was wet every time I took it out. I also blew out the gas in the cylinder.I finally put in a spare plug and it fired right up. Check your plug and see if it is wet with fuel. If you are getting fuel it should start with a different plug, good luck.:angry:

Well readjusted the points to .014 to 016 and I got spark so since no carb yet i gave it a shot of either in the cyl screwed in a plug and she fired on the first pull boy it runs a while on a shot of either but since I had a ton of motor oil in cyl too it didn't hurt it it only ran about 3 sec .

this is a saw i got for parts for 65 bucks but when i got it off ebay found its not bad and can be redone

let you know how it works when i get everything back on it !

Mike

Latest posts

Back