NO SPILL fuel jugs my butt...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Nov. of 2015, I bought a 2.5 gal. NO-SPILL fuel jug while I was in Spokane, WA. The very first time I went to the gas station to get gas, it leaked on the way home.

I posted about my experience on here and received all kinds of tips. I checked the cap, the O-ring and everything else possible. It doesn't leak when I'm pouring gas, just when it's being transported.

Today, I grabbed it up again and went to get gas. Result was the same. It leaked on the way home. I wiped it all down and then sat it on my work bench and proceeded to shake it a bit. It leaked from under the cap. Believe me when I say, I've inspected everything.

I was mad enough to call the manufacturer. I told them what I posted here. I vented some and got it off my chest. I was told to check the O-ring and make sure that I was screwing the cap on tight. Duh! :rolleyes:

I even sent them an e-mail message prior to making the phone call. The gal on the phone that I spoke to, wasn't any help at all.

Anyways, I'll never buy another NO SPILL brand fuel jug. :mad:

I just went back out to my garage to check the jug. Just sitting there by itself, it was weeping from under the cap. I wiped it down again..........:angry:

New-Stripes-Web-clean.gif

I have had them in the past. I rigged a new cap with a curved plastic pipe I found on M-C years ago to turn it back into a proper gas can. Used a tire valve stem as an air release. Easy peasy EPA pleasy.

Doesn't address your problem unfortunately other than that these cans are more of a feel good measure rather than an actual way of preventing excess fuel vapor waste. I have since upgraded to only Eagle "safety" cans. Interestingly, safety in this instance actually means idiot proof and very easy to use.

I think the problem might be the cap on the pour spout. After I'm done filling it up, I make sure the cap on the pour spout is tight and fully seated.

But, when pressure builds up inside the jug, it finds the path of least resistance. For MY jug, that would be the big black screw-on cap. It's really weird that it would seep gas just sitting on my work bench. It's only about 50 degrees here and it's been raining most of the day. And, the jug was not placed anywhere near where sunlight could hit it.

Anyways, I'm going to leave the spout cap off and see what it does. And, in the future, after filling the jug and making sure the screw-on cap is good and tight, I'll open the push-button valve to let any pressure escape, and then I'm going to leave the pour spout cap off.

I'll see if that makes any difference. :dizzy:

I still have one of the earlier ones that I use for waste oil. When I used it for gas I always unscrewed the spout right off and funneled the gas into the lawn mower. The spout was completely unusable. Usually spilled quite a bit too as I was pouring.

Chalk up another win for the folks who think they know better.

Check for any small cracks in the yellow plastic, my employer bought a bunch of these cans and all of the nozzles cracked within a few months and were no longer usable.

I bought all the old style plastic jugs i could find, the new legal jugs are the THEE WORST design ever conceived. Autozone sells gas spouts with flexible spouts that fit the old jugs. I spill way more gas with new jugs then old

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36

If I recall, their web-site said they have a 3-year limited warranty.

That's all good and well, as long as you kept the receipt. :rare2:

• Push Button Control
  • View Stripes Front & Back
  • Flow Stops Automatically
  • Fastest Flow Rate
  • Large Neck Opening
  • Wide, Stable Design
  • Professional Quality :laughing:
  • 3 Year Limited Warranty

If I recall, their web-site said they have a 3-year limited warranty.

That's all good and well, as long as you kept the receipt. :rare2:
  • 3 Year Limited Warranty

The key word here is Limited :ices_rofl:

Never tried one myself so I cant chime in. Typically limited means whatever they tell you when you call in as long as it benefits them.

They all suck in my opinion. I've spilled more gas with the "new" "safer" cans than I ever did with the old dangerous cans. The only ones worth a tinkers damn is the Uline or Eagle cans. Or you can find old cans at garage sales and buy those.

Latest posts

Back