No Spill Jill my butt...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Bought one of these several weeks ago.

Gas-2.gif

Yesterday, I went to re-fill it. I filled it to the 2.5 gal. line and screwed the cap back on it tightly. Placed it on the passenger-side floor board of my pick-up.

After a short period, I began to smell some gas odor. I just wrote it off as residual fumes from filling it up. On the way home, the fumes got worse. Sure as ****, the damn thing was either weeping or seeping gas from around the cap.

I had to pull over and off the road to wipe it down with some napkins. Gas got on my floor mat and I think a bit into the carpet. Wiped the cap off as well and tried to tighten it further. It was tight as it would go.

It amazes me that we can place men on the moon (allegedly) and we can send satellites deep into space taking pictures and sending them back. We can send remote-controlled submersibles to the deepest parts of the seas, but we can't yet make a gas container that is leak-proof.

Once home, I removed the cap and gave it a good looking at. Nothing is damaged, no parts are missing, and it was indeed, screwed down tightly.

If at one time I was impressed by the quality off this container, I no longer am.

Maybe........if it had been made in China............:popcorn2:

I saw one of these at Menards last month and almost bought one. I think they wanted about $10 for it. I already have three other 2.2 gal cans that work so-so. Then I thought of how much fuel savings from spills it would take to cover the $10. I walked away. After reading your post, I'm glad I did.

I saw one of these at Menards last month and almost bought one. I think they wanted about $10 for it. I already have three other 2.2 gal cans that work so-so. Then I thought of how much fuel savings from spills it would take to cover the $10. I walked away. After reading your post, I'm glad I did.

$10.00 is a steal. :surprised3:

I think I paid close to $24.00 for mine at an Ace Hardware.

$10.00 is a steal. :surprised3:

I think I paid close to $24.00 for mine at an Ace Hardware.

We use these cans at work and out of all the "no-spill" cans I have tried these have been the best. I have replaced a few o-rings on some because if you aren't careful they can get torn (and they are slightly smaller than the normal o-rings you can get at a hardware or auto store, so that's a bit of a pain). I usually see them around here for $18 for the 1 1/4 gal size and $24 for the 2 1/2 gal size so you got a pretty good deal. except for the leaking part that is :)

We use these cans at work and out of all the "no-spill" cans I have tried these have been the best. I have replaced a few o-rings on some because if you aren't careful they can get torn (and they are slightly smaller than the normal o-rings you can get at a hardware or auto store, so that's a bit of a pain). I usually see them around here for $18 for the 1 1/4 gal size and $24 for the 2 1/2 gal size so you got a pretty good deal. except for the leaking part that is :)

Mine is still new. I've only used it a couple if times. It didn't leak from pouring.

It leaked from the cap while in transport.

I have 2 of them. Both have been on back of ATV trail riding, and flung off, all day and been fine. No problems yet with them. They get used for 2 stroke gas after trailrides, very handy on the chainsaw.

But, I got a diesel can that has a different design, thing leaks like a sieve, literally a stream coming out when pouring in the skidloader, tight as can be. Then the dang safety spout broke off. Junk. The no-spill nozzle on my other 5 gallon mower jug is crap too.

The best one I got is a metal one I got out of a dumpster that had a dent in the top.

shopping

Don't ask how I know, but you can get the cap crossed up on the threads causing a leak.
I bought four of them for my Sons in Law for Christmas presents and they rave about them. My wife snorted when she saw the gas cans for gifts, but she changed her tune when she heard the guys talking them up!

Don't ask how I know, but you can get the cap crossed up on the threads causing a leak.
I bought four of them for my Sons in Law for Christmas presents and they rave about them. My wife snorted when she saw the gas cans for gifts, but she changed her tune when she heard the guys talking them up!

I went back out to the garage and removed the cap. The o-ring is intact and the cap wasn't cross-threaded.

I also didn't have the container over-filled. I had it up to the 2.5 gal. mark. And.....because I knew it was going to be in the cab of my truck, the cap was screwed on tight.

Still don't have a clue as to why it weeped like it did. :confused:

I don't think Menards carries the no spill cans.
We bought about 5 of the no spill cans for use at the cemetery and have been very well satisfied with how well they are working, so far never a leak, we went through a bunch of those Briggs and Stratton cans from Walmart for me they worked ok but most other folks had them broke and leaking pretty quick. In the long run I think the no spill cans are well worth the extra money.

Jerrycans did just fine. So did the first plastic ones with no "safety devices". .gov thinks they have to stick their nose into everything and we get the abortion we have today in gas cans.

They are WAY more dangerous in their current state of never functioning properly.

i have one of these no spill jugs and i like it there is a warning i read said to make sure you have it in place before tightening the cap because of the oring i like my nospilljill jug can hold it to the saw before pushing the button to fill the saw i plan on buying more when my others need replaced so i call operator error

Latest posts

Back