No Spill Jill my butt...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to love when the wheel is re invented, only to find out this new wheel is a triangle...

I have had a Justrite for several years and love it. It has a throttle and a flexible spout and works great. The best part is that it's made out of metal. They are expensive, but worth it.

I just filled a 5 gal Diesel 'No Spill' and noticed the O ring was gone.

I put it in the bed of the truck, Not the cab, But Still didn't leak at all. ;)

My 2.5 gallon No-Spill doesn't leak, unless I don't tighten the cap all the way. Maybe you just don't have the arm strength to close it all the way...

The main issue I have, is the lack of a vent can cause severe swelling of the can on hot days, and when I push the button to relieve the pressure, it sprays fuel out the tip. Annoying, but it still doesn't leak.

Okay, so I just came back in from being out in the garage. I took that No-Spill jug and shook the living **** out of it. I turned it on it's side, I turned it completely upside down and shook it, and I continued to shake it.

Not a drop leaked. I haven't used any of it since I filled it up a couple of days ago.

I'm clueless as to why it seeped / weeped while in my pick-up cab. I'm confident that I tightened the cap tight enough and the cap was not crossed threaded.

I suppose that it's just going to be one of life's great unsolved mysteries. :confused:

Probably wont see the Stihl , or the Husqvarna Combi cans here in the USA due to not being red colored.
View attachment 483340
View attachment 483341

I have often wondered about that. In Germany I have seen black gas cans, red, white, orange, opaque even green. I am not sure why they must be red in North America, do the powers at be not trust the citizens to use the right containers?

I have often wondered about that. In Germany I have seen black gas cans, red, white, orange, opaque even green. I am not sure why they must be red in North America, do the powers at be not trust the citizens to use the right containers?

That's pretty much the reason..............:popcorn2:

My 2.5 gallon No-Spill doesn't leak, unless I don't tighten the cap all the way. Maybe you just don't have the arm strength to close it all the way...

The main issue I have, is the lack of a vent can cause severe swelling of the can on hot days, and when I push the button to relieve the pressure, it sprays fuel out the tip. Annoying, but it still doesn't leak.

Yeah......that's probably it. Appreciate your input. :rolleyes:

The USA's EPA or OHSA decrees it and the Canadian regulators say "Me too, me too".

I spill less by filling the saw from an old Esso 4 liter oil jug than from an approved jug with a fancy spout.

I just filled a 5 gal Diesel 'No Spill' and noticed the O ring was gone.

I put it in the bed of the truck, Not the cab, But Still didn't leak at all. ;)
Iv had my o ring fall out a couple time. Gotta keep an eye on them

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

The USA's EPA or OHSA decrees it and the Canadian regulators say "Me too, me too".

I spill less by filling the saw from an old Esso 4 liter oil jug than from an approved jug with a fancy spout.

I would have to say yes for some things I agree BUT I have yet to see any of the tree guys that have the same gas can as me ever being ticketed for having that sort of can on their landscaping trailer. I am sure the MTO staff may pick up one of the gas cans and ask " is that a gas AND oil can? Neat.. " And then make sure the trailer is safe and conforms to the regs. Common sense plays a huge factor into this. I have read guys using pop bottles to carry mix.... :confused:

Although orange for 2 stroke mix would not be a bad thing.

I am not sure why they must be red in North America, . . .

Part of it is hazard identification. Firefighters and others can recognize it when you are not there. Gasoline also degrades some plastics, so the 'approval' means that it holds up to certain standards, better than say, an empty bleach bottle, or a glass jug, which can become an inadvertent Molotov cocktail.

Philbert

Latest posts

Back