Noise from clutch when chain brake is engaged

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, I recently bought a Timber pro 62 cc saw pro series. Bought it as an affordable saw to work with until I can get a hold of a nice husky... It was running spot on, nice bit of power and cutting well.. until this evening, there was a sound of metal grinding and saw stopped. Tried to restart and fly wheel would not budge. Took the saw home pulled the cord and the flywheel turned. So I removed the casing to inspect and saw that there are marks on the flywheel like it was catching something, around the edge of flywheel. there is nothing there to catch on it but I think there must have been and it fell out. Anyway, I restarted and saw fired up , warmed it up and ran it at full revs, no problems at all... until i hit the chain break, and then there was a kinda grinding noise coming from clutch area... It stopped when chain brake was released and chain running, and started making it again when brake applied.
My feeling is that something stopped the flywheel suddenly, something metal was in there judging from the marks, and this caused the problem im having now.
I f anybody could help me identify how or why this noise is happening I would greatly appreciate it!!
Thanks a mil From the emerald isle
Do you have a few pictures?

I wasn't trashing non pro saws. I have mostly all non pro saws. I was saying that I'm not surprised that it had an issue and is almost new. You never know what kind of saw you will get from China. It could run forever or blow up after 2 tanks of fuel. I offered an opinion on a possible cause of the problem.

Back