• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Non running saw to rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baddboyy21

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am looking to buy an older pro Stihl saw to be my first rebuild project. I am looking for any of the following : 036pro, 038super/magnum, 028super, 026 pro. I would like something that isn't totally trashed. As complete as possible. A few minor missing parts is ok.

Been watching Ebay and the prices for non running parts saws are ridiculous. Let me know what you have and how much you want.

Thanks,
Shawn

Thanks! I've been bitten by the bug! Haha. I've rebuilt a lot of two stroke dirt bike and racing quad engines. Now I'd like to try chain saws. I have 6 good running ones already haha.

eBay prices aren't all ridiculous -- only most of them! The best deals are the ones that get listed buy-it-now for a below-market price, but that makes it a lot like Craigslist; you have to be very quick on the draw.

Welcome, from a fellow PGH'er.

eBay prices aren't all ridiculous -- only most of them! The best deals are the ones that get listed buy-it-now for a below-market price, but that makes it a lot like Craigslist; you have to be very quick on the draw.

Welcome, from a fellow PGH'er.
Thanks!

I have a 036 sitting here. If memory serves me correct it has a good top end just needs a good cleaning and fuel work from sitting for gosh knows how many years

I do not remember. It has been in the barn awhile. If youu are interested shoot me what you are thinking if not so be it

I sent you a private message.

Just a friendly tip:

You might've read stories where someone posted about the screaming deal someone got on a saw at a garage sale or flea market. Those opportunities crop up here and there when someone cleans out their deceased uncle's barn and sells off a bunch of stuff that they don't know anything about. It isn't going to happen here, because this is an enthusiasts' forum where members have a pretty good idea of what things are worth.

If you want an 036 that hasn't been smashed under a tree or truck, and with a good top end, for $40... well, start helping a buddy clean out his dead uncle's barn. Here, a plausible number would be 3-4 times that much. Plus shipping.

If you want an 036 that hasn't been smashed under a tree or truck, and with a good top end, for $40... well, start helping a buddy clean out his dead uncle's barn. Here, a plausible number would be 3-4 times that much. Plus shipping.

I had to give $150 for the replacement tank on one. It was near new when it got left of the dozer tracks. Thankfully it dis not get totally crunched

Back