Nor Cal & North SF Bay GTG (November 11-14, 2022)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just want to say thanks to all who put this together, had a great time & glad that I attended -great bunch of folks. Thanks for the hospitality & good grub Tyler, keep me posted if you need a hand for future projects as well. Looking forward to the next GTG. Jeremy

Yep. No pics from me this time. Too busy working and having fun. Some of the park folks took pics and possibility video. Kevin was shooting pics, but he likely won't be able to post any until he's done with his three state road trip.

Yep. No pics from me this time. Too busy working and having fun. Some of the park folks took pics and possibility video. Kevin was shooting pics, but he likely won't be able to post any until he's done with his three state road trip.
I'm home now will try to get some up tomorrow

Just got home this morning. The trip turned into an adventure. I holed up in a state park and slept through the windstorm. Had to see more of Tillamook, OR than planned as the usual area was flooded so they had a detour around that area. It came out at the cheese factory.

Had a good time and thanks for doing it.

The dogs are very glad to be back home and not in the plastic airstream!

Oh, it is supposed to be in the 20s here tonight so blew out the water lines in the Plastic Airstream. Napa was the last warm fling for a while. Sigh......

Just got home this morning. The trip turned into an adventure. I holed up in a state park and slept through the windstorm. Had to see more of Tillamook, OR than planned as the usual area was flooded so they had a detour around that area. It came out at the cheese factory.

Had a good time and thanks for doing it.

The dogs are very glad to be back home and not in the plastic airstream!

Oh, it is supposed to be in the 20s here tonight so blew out the water lines in the Plastic Airstream. Napa was the last warm fling for a while. Sigh......
Oregon sounds like a terrible place to live. We all better move to Warshington.

Many thanks to Sandy, Tyler, Alia, Aaron, and Bruce for another great weekend.
We got a lot of work done and had some fun at the same time. It was good to see everyone again...plus a couple of new faces that were very welcome and fit right in.
Fine people, great weather, many hazard trees removed, and...as always...excellent food. The park staff takes care of their volunteers and it's appreciated.
Looking forward to next time.

Next year you will have plenty of figs from that tree. I'm going to put it on a watering schedule next spring and summer. Any suggestions? I was thinking of treating it like an apple tree and watering every three weeks or so. I look forward to some Dutch oven fig goodness!

The fig tree did take a pretty good butchering, probably better to prune in January but I think it will be OK. Liked the Dutch Oven cooking, thanks again.

From the experiences of other fig tree owners, it sounds like the tree should survive and maybe even thrive.

This morning, I found the dog taser collar recharger. I had intended to bring it with me because the Demon Dog behaves extremely well with the help of the collar. I couldn't find it to put it in the trailer. I searched all over the house. It was missing. This morning, I glanced up at a coat rack and saw it hanging there, next to the fanny pack that I also forgot to take. Life is good again, except I think I ruined the Kindle charger trying to use it to recharge the taser collar. I have ordered a new one and hope the Kindle will recharge.

Now I hope my cell phone appears.

I will try baking an apple pie in the dutch oven next. Or maybe try cookies?

Back