North Missouri Fall Saw races/GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Consider me in, I'll see what the other Iowa guys are up to. It's less then a 5hr trip from Cedar Rapids. 6 hrs and change from Minneapolis mn.

The second day is really going to be like a sunday morning after a gtg. We will most likely have bbq pork burgers with fried taters. Yes I'll make more sauce. I think we'll set up entry fee's like we did at Hedgerows $5 for moded and $2 for stock.

Any ideas for a crowd pleaser like a saw toss event? Is anyone good with axe throwing or something we could demonstrate?

I will be more than happy to come up with my partner Darick and do some carving if you'll have us! May have to race a saw or two this time while I'm at it....:hmm3grin2orange:

I'm probably in if I can get the wife to go along. I'm sure I can bring several saws. Just a thought, you need a vintage class and maybe 2 man class.

I'm probably in if I can get the wife to go along. I'm sure I can bring several saws. Just a thought, you need a vintage class and maybe 2 man class.

Those were ones I forgot to list.

There's interest here... Got 3 hillbilly's sittin here with me that intend on driving north and taking y'all's money...
Lets race some saws!!!

Location is a great middle ground for the folks down south and the artic region. And just an idea I'm tossing around but I'm thinkin traditional down up downs and Aussie style for the stock saw races.

Here I am trying to watch the championship super cross races and you guys are still up talking about racing chainsawz.... Such a great thing.. I REALLY like the traditional idea for the racing.. Heck, I may just have to provide a saw and watch... Night dudez!

Build off

For the build off it will be a 50 cc pipe saw class. They aren't something you see much or at all. The rules are as stated any saw with a top end of 52cc and smaller with a pipe. Gas only saws not alky.

Now this is just something I'm wanting to kick around to see what you guys think. Since most of the saws we see show up in the 80 cc + classes are work saws, I think cutting cookies doesn't show full potential of the saw. So maybe instead of a big bar challenge we should try an "iron man" 3 step timed race. Noodling, bucking and 1 cant Aussie style pass. I think minimum bar length should be 28inches and work chains only.

moody;4307717 Now this is just something I'm wanting to kick around to see what you guys think. Since most of the saws we see show up in the 80 cc + classes are work saws said:
That sounds like you are setting Hedgerow up for a win. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: sounds like fun.:msp_thumbsup:

That sounds like you are setting Hedgerow up for a win. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: sounds like fun.:msp_thumbsup:

I've got a pretty mean 385xp :hmm3grin2orange: I think this would make the bigger saws more enjoyable and bring a different aspect of saw building into it. We tend to forget just because it can cut 3 cookies real fast it doesn't make it a real strong work saw.

Don't know of any bikesaw boys in your area. You still have time to build one yourself though.:msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back