North / South Carolina /Virginia /West VA GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm originally from SC..umm...let's see...I'll be in Key Largo the first week in October. Wadya think?! Just kidding, Calvin. Sounds like it would be fun.

early october is ok if we can get a good crowd is his place further than you ?

It doesn't matter where we have it, I'll travel. We just have to let Joe know a date. I'm working:

Oct. 23 thur Nov. 5
&
Nov. 27 thur Dec. 11

Anytime in between my days off is fine, unless I get another side job before then. I really like to hunt though.:D

It doesn't matter where we have it, I'll travel. We just have to let Joe know a date. I'm working:

Oct. 23 thur Nov. 5
&
Nov. 27 thur Dec. 11

Anytime in between my days off is fine, unless I get another side job before then. I really like to hunt though.:D

anytime is ok with me
i would just need directions

just wish my online store sales would pick up $ 5.00 a day is not going to cut it

Last edited:
Ok guys here we go. The first Saturday the 3rd of October is the best day for us. We are already hunting goose season is in.

But if that works for anybody else we will shoot for Saturday the 3rd. of October at our place here in Gold Hill. I've got room and some logs mostly hardwood but can go to the woods for those that may need some wimpy wood like pine or poplar.

We can start about 10:00. That will give most folks time to get here without needing to get up in the middle of the night. We have a big elm tree at the creek if it's still hot and it offers morning shade. Other than that it's mostly open and sunny. If this is alright for ya'll let's do it. I'll be here so come on up or down whenever you want. Let's meet and greet, make new friends, and let the BS fly. All brands of saws are welcome here. If you need to trade it or sell it bring it you never know somebody here may want it.

Let me know what ya'll think, or any ideas that you might have to help make it a good Saturday Sawing GTG.
Joe (Smilin Possum)

Bump. Fellas its just one day of deer huntin:jester: Not like you gonna kill one anyways. LOL. Although I may squeeze in a hunt before yall get here. Hmm, that would be nice, fresh cooked ham or shoulder.

Got to get, lets get this thing goin

Ok guys here we go. The first Saturday the 3rd of October is the best day for us. We are already hunting goose season is in.

But if that works for anybody else we will shoot for Saturday the 3rd. of October at our place here in Gold Hill. I've got room and some logs mostly hardwood but can go to the woods for those that may need some wimpy wood like pine or poplar.

We can start about 10:00. That will give most folks time to get here without needing to get up in the middle of the night. We have a big elm tree at the creek if it's still hot and it offers morning shade. Other than that it's mostly open and sunny. If this is alright for ya'll let's do it. I'll be here so come on up or down whenever you want. Let's meet and greet, make new friends, and let the BS fly. All brands of saws are welcome here. If you need to trade it or sell it bring it you never know somebody here may want it.

Let me know what ya'll think, or any ideas that you might have to help make it a good Saturday Sawing GTG.
Joe (Smilin Possum)

Oct. 3rd..... My wedding anniversary. Guess I'm out this time, or I may not have another anniversary to celebrate.

3rd sounds good here.

hopefully that light weight bar and 3 loops of chain are in by then that will definitly save a shipping charge

but please pass the word around to those people that have john deere and mtd tractors that i have my oregon spindle assemblys completed for those manufactures the mtd ones certain ones on there come with the blade as a kit

here is the direct link to it if you can pass it on to others there will be more as i get the pictures pulled from the cd and all

http://www.cmsmallengines.net/oregon-c29/wheel-deck-accessories/oregon-spindle-assemblies.html

oregon carries over 10,000 items counting chainsaw accessories so it is hard to figure out what there is a demand for currently counting oregon rotary and all the brands including the obsolete parts i have over 4600 parts on my site my goal is 20,000 hopefully

so i still have a ways to go

Last edited:
hopefully that light weight bar and 3 loops of chain are in by then that will definitly save a shipping charge

but please pass the word around to those people that have john deere and mtd tractors that i have my oregon spindle assemblys completed for those manufactures the mtd ones certain ones on there come with the blade as a kit

here is the direct link to it if you can pass it on to others there will be more as i get the pictures pulled from the cd and all

http://www.cmsmallengines.net/oregon-c29/wheel-deck-accessories/oregon-spindle-assemblies.html

oregon carries over 10,000 items counting chainsaw accessories so it is hard to figure out what there is a demand for currently counting oregon rotary and all the brands including the obsolete parts i have over 4600 parts on my site my goal is 20,000 hopefully

so i still have a ways to go

Will do, thanks.:cheers:

Well, I dont think the date is set in stone yet. If yall would prefer a different date let us know. Heck the logs are not goin anywhere.

I have a couple friends that will be comin down, and some family. They are saw nuts too. Some of them are just in denial. I think a little time with some ported saws and they will understand what I like so much about them.

Ill have on my PPE for the police this time. And will have some hearing protection. My ears are still ringin from the last one.:chainsaw:

Last edited:
how 'bout some time in jan or feb????? oct is just not good for many reasons.

i can wait till then it doesnt matter to me what ever you all decide as far as im concerned i dont mind having more than 1 a year

after this bankruptcy is done if it will ever get done i will be turning my van into a mobile repair shop so i will have everything ope related in the vehicle

such as blade grinder chain grinder chain tools to put chain together from scratch

as far as im concerned we can have one on first weekend in october and another one in February after hunting season

cause i know i will be bringing that oregon parts for 2000ssm6 to save him a shipping cost

the times i like is February May and October that is like 3 GTG a year that way if someone cant make it to one they can probily make it to the others

you can probily tell i dont get out much i had a blast the last one we had when JT let me use his husky to cut that donut

Whenever should be fine for me. I will check in periodically to see what the final decision is. I plan on coming to this one no matter what because I wasn't able to make the last gtg.

Back