North / South Carolina /Virginia /West VA GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whenever should be fine for me. I will check in periodically to see what the final decision is. I plan on coming to this one no matter what because I wasn't able to make the last gtg.

i think the last one we had too many onlookers lol

i could read there minds almost what are those people doing there

the mcdonalds in ashboro had a customer that morning stopped in there got me a egg mcmuffin and cheese and 3 of those fruit parfaits they have yogurt style

and on the way home i stopped in goldsboro at mccalls and had my supper there

Shrimp Oysters Barbecue and cheesecake and the fixings

if you like oysters and shrimp and barbecue you ought to give them a try they are in clayton and also in goldsboro

i think the last one we had too many onlookers lol

i could read there minds almost what are those people doing there

the mcdonalds in ashboro had a customer that morning stopped in there got me a egg mcmuffin and cheese and 3 of those fruit parfaits they have yogurt style

and on the way home i stopped in goldsboro at mccalls and had my supper there

Shrimp Oysters Barbecue and cheesecake and the fixings

if you like oysters and shrimp and barbecue you ought to give them a try they are in clayton and also in goldsboro

Sounds like we would get along great. I love to eat.

Guys, it doesnt matter on the dates. We could hold multiple ones per year. There is a big log pile sittin on the hill. And always have people wantin us to get trees out of their yards, woods, fields, etc.

whats on the menu for food wise ? do i need to bring anything ? such as cola or mt dew or anything food wise ?

if anyone has a grill we can probily do some grilling that day

Last edited:
Hmm, food subject has not been covered yet. Doesnt matter to me. Can get a bigger grill to have here. Or there is a roadhouse(which I work at) a couple miles down the road.

Hmm, food subject has not been covered yet. Doesnt matter to me. Can get a bigger grill to have here. Or there is a roadhouse(which I work at) a couple miles down the road.

Shame...I/we will be coming back from Clarksville, Tn. on the 3rd, close as I'll be getting is the I-40/81 junction!

Hey all.
I know a date is hard to come up with that works for everybody. That being said, the 3rd of October works best for us at this time. So l'm going to stick to it.

If this one goes ok, there is know reason we can't have more than one. If my location works, we can have more here if that's ok. I'd like to have more myself so we can get together more often. Like I said if you like our place we can do um here.

I don't know how to do the map stuff, if one of you computer guys can tell me how or do one that would be cool. So for now I will give ya'll the addy and you can google it.

1155 John Morgan Road
Gold Hill NC

I was thinking about going to the GTG in southern Indiana that weekend, but I guess I'll be in Gold Hill instead. (Even if it is a little farther to Gold Hill. LOL) In fact I was fixin' to ask if you were up for a little 500 mile jaunt to Indy, Joe.

I was thinking about going to the GTG in southern Indiana that weekend, but I guess I'll be in Gold Hill instead. (Even if it is a little farther to Gold Hill. LOL) In fact I was fixin' to ask if you were up for a little 500 mile jaunt to Indy, Joe.

I sure would like to. But the way my backs been giving me trouble I been doing good to ride to town and back. Supposed to get more shots put in there the 15th. so I might be ready to go again.

I hope the ones that can't make this one can make another one at a later date.

Calvin any chance the 371xp could hitch a ride to here? :)

Trying to round up some more people. Any of yall have any neighbors that would like to join. AS members or not. I have sent PMs to the people that had chimed in on the last NC GTG thread. And a few others.

Food doesnt matter, yall decide. Just let me know what you want to do.

ZIP code is 28071

What kinda wood yall want to cut on? What sizes?

Calvin any chance the 371xp could hitch a ride to here?
:)

Trying to round up some more people. Any of yall have any neighbors that would like to join. AS members or not. I have sent PMs to the people that had chimed in on the last NC GTG thread. And a few others.

Food doesnt matter, yall decide. Just let me know what you want to do.

ZIP code is 28071

What kinda wood yall want to cut on? What sizes?

its locked seized up but i will be glad to bring it at least its good for parts more than anything
i think i am the longest drive mapquest shows it at 5 hrs and $ 30.00 in fuel one way so if i left at 5 am i will be getting there between 10- 11

another thing is i may just leave friday evening and stay over in bennettsville sc and then get up saturday and proceed on

Last edited:
Yea ya'll bring your nosey neighbors if you want to I'd like to see a bunch of folks show up. We have about 70 acres of parking so that ain't no problem. Like Little Possum said we are telling all the local guys and a couple of saw shops about it so we'll see what we get. We just want a fun and safe day.

2k you had a hand in planning the last one you need to give me some ideas, I'm flying by the seat of my pants here. Any ideas would be great. Jt78 and Mustang67 you guys cut off of my lowboy down here that day was it to high or low I might can make other arrangements if need be, let me know.

I'll try to make it as good as I can for everybody.:chainsawguy:

Calvin, Id appreciate that. A new project to mess with. All the dealers round here have been scrounged threw, and are too stingy to let anymore go. Because I usually end up with the better deal, like my 100$ 394. But at least I got what parts I needed from the same dealer.

Yea ya'll bring your nosey neighbors if you want to I'd like to see a bunch of folks show up. We have about 70 acres of parking so that ain't no problem. Like Little Possum said we are telling all the local guys and a couple of saw shops about it so we'll see what we get. We just want a fun and safe day.

2k you had a hand in planning the last one you need to give me some ideas, I'm flying by the seat of my pants here. Any ideas would be great. Jt78 and Mustang67 you guys cut off of my lowboy down here that day was it to high or low I might can make other arrangements if need be, let me know.

I think cutting off the lowboy worked fine, Possum. You can always stack logs on it to get the height where you want it but as I recall it worked out well where you had it before. Would be nice to have a good videographer like we had last time. (Wanab) I'm sure we can get enough stills and I'll take a shot at vids but I've never taken any with the camera I have now and will have to learn how to upload them.

Ya'll have the right ideas as fas as I'm concearned. Cutting off the low boy is fine. We didn't use a 1/4 of the wood everyone brought last time, just a few logs will be great.

Here is what we have so far, looks like food isn't the only thing nailed down yet. We could grill at your place or go to the Diner Zach works at. I can make burger patties here and throw 'em in the cooler until ready to cook on the grill.

Place: Joes
Date/Time: ~10am, Oct. 3
Wood: Plenty at Joes

Ok sounds good I've got the lowboy and the wood lined up. Me and Shorty may have to go cut a poplar or something soft, but it ain't no problem. I'm looking forward to it.

I hope we have 200 saws to lay out on the ground for pictures for the day is over. We have 20 some so ya'll bring the rest.

Yea ya'll bring your nosey neighbors if you want to I'd like to see a bunch of folks show up
. We have about 70 acres of parking
so that ain't no problem. Like Little Possum said we are telling all the local guys and a couple of saw shops about it so we'll see what we get. We just want a fun and safe day.

you must live on a big piece of property got a question is there room to pitch a tent there cause i will be too much wore out to go there and have to leave the same day that is a long drive

Mustang i will be bringing tons of poulan parts for you to look thru also and maybe some mac and homelite as well
but mainly poulan

Ya'll have the right ideas as fas as I'm concearned. Cutting off the low boy is fine. We didn't use a 1/4 of the wood everyone brought last time, just a few logs will be great.

Here is what we have so far, looks like food isn't the only thing nailed down yet. We could grill at your place or go to the Diner Zach works at. I can make burger patties here and throw 'em in the cooler until ready to cook on the grill.

Place: Joes
Date/Time: ~10am, Oct. 3
Wood: Plenty at Joes

I'll be glad to help bring whatever we need for food whenever that is decided on. If you need HB rolls, condiments, or drinks, will be glad to help with those things. A big thanks in advance to the "Possum" family for hosting this! :clap:

Fellas yall decide on the food situation. Grillin would be fine. Ill make arrangements to get the grill,if that is what yall want to do. I can pitch in and get what ever else we need.

I have a couple friends that I think will be coming.

Only, 23 more days. Can Mustang resist that long and not get his new saw :) lol. (I tried sendin pictures but the computer died out on me.)

I can take videos, but not sure how to upload them. Wanab is pretty good at all that. Yall should check out all his youtube videos.

Latest posts

Back