Norwood ML26 cam dogs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamish

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Have had a pair for about a month now and have sporatically used them, well this weekend they got a good workout and were a pure pleasure to use.

Have tried a couple different modifications to the factory log dog, but still drawing new ideas and thinking of fabbing a smaller scale set of cam dogs on the larger mills in there inventory.

As a side not to any 26 users, if and when you lube tank gromment fails (and it will), if you happen to have a Husky 365/372 kicking around, the rubber groment on the top of the cylinder to suppoer the top cover is a direct replacement and lets you get back to milling in a heartbeat.

I bought one of those a few weeks ago but haven't bothered to put it on. After my first two cuts I don't usually bother to clamp the log anymore. Once it's sitting on a flat face I don't have a problem with them moving. I'm in the middle of sawing 4000bf of 1"x12" white pine and even down to the last cut I don't clamp.

I broke the spring at the end of the engagement cable Saturday. Had to rig it with some wire. Thanks for reminding me to call Norwood today!

Latest posts

Back