Not a bad cheap find today!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason6586

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well today I went to a guys house that had a few parts trimmers that I have been looking for and I came back with alot more. He wanted $10 a piece for the 3 trimmers (2 Echos and 1 Stihl) all would run with a little work. When I got there I spotted a newer mcculloch saw asked about it and found out that he had 2 other mac's a really nice Mac 200 and a 10-10s along with an older Echo 601. I said i would take all of them and asked what he wanted and he said take it all for $75 so i said that works for me. As i was loading up the trimmers and the saws he asked if i wanted an older but very nice "running" generac generator powered by a 7hp tecumseh i said how much and he said "give me $100 for the works. I thought that was a hell of a deal and it was a happy ride home. Anyone have any interest in the Mac 200?

:rock:

Wow! Sounds like you made out like a bandit.

However........without pics it didn't happen. :hmm3grin2orange:

Wow! Sounds like you made out like a bandit.

However........without pics it didn't happen. :hmm3grin2orange:

lol, that is true. Here is one don't mind the WI Mid April Snow we are getting

with the genset check the voltage and frequency (if you can)
the portable gensets start to louse voltage after someones been running the guts out of it but, it's fixable.
the frequency should be at just about 62-64 Hz no load all it takes is to adjust the governor if it's off.
can you tell what i do for a living?:msp_wink:
pm if you have any questions

with the genset check the voltage and frequency (if you can)
the portable gensets start to louse voltage after someones been running the guts out of it but, it's fixable.
the frequency should be at just about 62-64 Hz no load all it takes is to adjust the governor if it's off.
can you tell what i do for a living?:msp_wink:
pm if you have any questions

I did look at the generator a little and there is hardly a scratch on it. It has the original air filter from what i was told and it looks like new. the guy told me that the only time he used it was when he went to his cabin hunting so once a year for 4-5 days. I couldn't pass it up for that price.

Snow!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehe!!! It's going to be 91° today and every other day from now to Thanksgiving!!! And the days it not 91, it will be 96°.

Nice score....If you decide you don't want the generator, let me know.

Snow!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehe!!! It's going to be 91° today and every other day from now to Thanksgiving!!! And the days it not 91, it will be 96°.

Nice score....If you decide you don't want the generator, let me know.

'Bout 8 hours east of you and yep, right on on the weather call. We've had our 2 weeks of winter, and the week of spring here already, now welcome to summer.
:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back