Not a good idea...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Crosscut

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Y’all want to add to this--go for it!
Believe me, I’ve at least 50 more I can list for: “Not a good idea.” However, can’t wait to hear what y’all have to say!

Not a good idea to:
Go to the woods in shorts/running shoes--and no PPS…
Fill the gas tank with straight gas, expecting the “oil” tank to do the mix for you…
Carry your saw around (in truck bed, whatever), without a scabbard…
Neglect replacing your clutch when the chain keeps ripping at idle…

not a good idea to lightup when you are mixing gas and oil

not sure what pps is but whats wrong with shorts and tennis shoes?

Any time someone tells you to hold on so they can get the video camera, it's time to rethink that plan!

Get 1/4 of the drive poured then discuss how to go on with a truck full of concrete, calcium and hot water! ( I watched this one day!)

Sharpen your chain with the wrong file.

Weld in sandals, but I still do it.

Stand anywhere near me when I'm felling a tree.

Don't fire up your 700 size nitro burning R/C helicopter in the living room when you are having a party.
Don't use same helicopter to trim trees, for it would be cheaper to drop the tree on your brand new MS660Arctic.
Don't let anybody video your escapades because that all but guarantees it will end badly.

Nick

Any time someone tells you to hold on so they can get the video camera, it's time to rethink that plan!

Get 1/4 of the drive poured then discuss how to go on with a truck full of concrete, calcium and hot water! ( I watched this one day!)

Sharpen your chain with the wrong file.

Weld in sandals, but I still do it.

Stand anywhere near me when I'm felling a tree.
We used to pour concrete in subzero temps on warehouse floors using calcium and hot water. Not good for the rebar if used, but it works well!

Not a good idea to:

Tell your wife how much you really spend on Chainsaws..

Carry your Chainsaw, without a scabbord, anywhere near nice interior walls..

Have a hundred pictures of Chainsaws on your phone and none of your kids..

Last edited:
Back