Not happy with new purchase!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steevo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
On Friday I ordered a new 346xp from that well known dealer in Arizona. I put it on my credit card and received the confirm number by email. Today is Tuesday, and since I have not heard anything, I called them. Well, they dont have any 346's!! So, here I am, they took my money o.k., never told me they didnt have any saws, and now say they wont have any until Friday. Then, will ship Sat. or Mon., and I should get it by Wed. That's almost two weeks. Has anyone else dealt with these idiots? I cant believe this. Since they advertise it on the website, I am thinking about placing a call to the atty general. What do you all think about this dealer?

It is unlawful for them to take the funds from your account until they ship confirm your order. More than likely they just got an authorization. This just verifies that the funds are available in your account. You need to call the bank that issued your card to see if the funds were actually withdrawn.

baileys_logo_arboristsite_1.gif

Grande Dog
Master Mechanic
Discount Arborist Equipment and Tree Care Supplies

Last edited:
Yeah I can understand your concerns. But if they are a well known dealer like you say, then I think you don't have anything to worry about. I would give them a chance to make it right before you take any action. Just my opinion.
-Brad

I agree that it`s a pretty lousy practice to accept your order, possibly even take your money, and not tell you that the item you want is backordered. There are guys here who do that. Caveat emptor!

Russ

It could be worse. Many years ago I had a company take my money for a stump grinder and then declare bankrupcy without they shipping it.:angry:

no that leaves u hanging an stumped as to what to do..been there done that..
always thot they oughta had to come work for me to get my value back..
i know one resturant owner that went bankrupt..one of his manager joked about the guy makeing about a million on the bankruptcy..

I tried ordering a Honda generator from said outfit in Az. When I called they told me 1) they didn't have any and 2) proceded to badmouth Honda & try to sell me something else.

Update: I yelled and hollared a bit yesterday, and surprisingly, today they have a saw!! It supposedly went out today. We shall see. It was like pulling teeth.

Steevo the price they are selling those saws for are alot less than what the dealers in Canada can even buy them for , and when you ask Husky about it they say both sides are paying the same amount after the dollar difference, do not think so Jimbob
but then again i can buy a 3120 cheaper than what your dealers in the states can buy them for, go figure

Yeah.....I need this saw right away. I will be looking for a big saw afterwards. I will be getting the 346 modded, then my 372. After that, I will be looking for a big saw. Probably a 3120

Back