Not what I intended...a new 385XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizzard

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Went to local dolmar and husky dealer to do some haggling on a new 7900 or 372XP. Got a price of $722 for 7900 with 20 in bar and $749 and $809 for 2 different 372XP's with 20 in bars. Decided to try another dealer farther away and brought home a new 385XP for $699 with 24 in bar, 1 skip chain, 1 standard chain and some husky leather gloves.

Although not what I intended, I thought this was to good a deal to pass up. Maybe later I can add a 7900. Looking forward to putting the 385 to work tomorrow.

Didn't get much for pics in the dark, but attached are a few.

That was too good of a deal to pass up. I thought I got a great deal on my 390xp at $829.

That was too good of a deal to pass up. I thought I got a great deal on my 390xp at $829.

Sounds good on the 390xp.:cheers:

The same dealer I got the 385xp from has a new 357xp for a good price also. It's been there a long time (2002 model). It is marked at $469 with 20 in bar. Nice price compared to 2009 list for 357xp at $709. All other saws there were near or right on current list.

You lucky bastard, Enjoy lol.

Yea, not much of a thread to post. Got lucky and just wanted to mention that there are some deals out there. Keep eyes open and you'll find them....or maybe keep eyes closed and stumble on them :dizzy:. Either way is acceptable in my opinion.

NICE!!!!!

Couple questions though.

Why would a 385 need skip chain on a 24" Bar? LOL!!!

Now what are ya gonna do. Ya still don't have a 70cc Saw.?:hmm3grin2orange:

Have fun with that new saw!!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Went to local dolmar and husky dealer to do some haggling on a new 7900 or 372XP. Got a price of $722 for 7900 with 20 in bar and $749 and $809 for 2 different 372XP's with 20 in bars. Decided to try another dealer farther away and brought home a new 385XP for $699 with 24 in bar, 1 skip chain, 1 standard chain and some husky leather gloves.

Although not what I intended, I thought this was to good a deal to pass up. Maybe later I can add a 7900. Looking forward to putting the 385 to work tomorrow.

Didn't get much for pics in the dark, but attached are a few.

Gizzard,

You're the man! You go needing a saw. You buy a great saw and you still need the original saw you went after.

Well played ole chap,

ole joat

dingeryote,

Yea, I wondered about the skip also. For some reason its the popular setup in the area. So dealer sets them up that way. I have quite a few 24" loops...I guess one odd skip is fine.

Most timber getting logged here now is small and loggers just run 372's and 460's with 20" bars mainly. I think the larger the bar gets, the lazier they get at sharpening. Main reason I get on opinions for the skip. There is good and bad out there at the job.

For the price, the 1 skip didn't bother me.

dingeryote,

Yea, I wondered about the skip also. For some reason its the popular setup in the area. So dealer sets them up that way. I have quite a few 24" loops...I guess one odd skip is fine.

Most timber getting logged here now is small and loggers just run 372's and 460's with 20" bars mainly. I think the larger the bar gets, the lazier they get at sharpening. Main reason I get on opinions for the skip. There is good and bad out there at the job.

For the price, the 1 skip didn't bother me.

LOL!!!
Slap an 8 Pin on it and run it down to the Nubbins!

Ya got a Heck of a deal for sure!!!

Heads up if ya didn't catch it. Bailys has 20" Carlton large mount bars with a loop of 30sc goin' for 35 Bucks!!!
Just the ticket for blending in with the other guys on your side of the woods.;)

I gotta live Vicariously these days, glad you guys are buyin' saws!:cheers:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I went down to the dealer to pick up the Yukon and I got an Escalade for less money. Dagnabit!! The world just ain't fair.;)

Sounds good on the 390xp.:cheers:

The same dealer I got the 385xp from has a new 357xp for a good price also. It's been there a long time (2002 model). It is marked at $469 with 20 in bar. Nice price compared to 2009 list for 357xp at $709. All other saws there were near or right on current list.

Sweet deal on that 385xp! I'd give my left nut to get a deal like that!

Now on the 357xp '02 model if you decide to pull the trigger on that deal make sure you do the intake boot clamp revision (new models use a metal clamp). Enjoy that 385xp she's sweet!:cheers:

Back