notch?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chairs at height

Welcome back aussie loper..
Thats a great idea I might take the bucket up next week and give it a go.. Buckets are great for experimenal cuts (Within reason)
Stringy bark trees bark have been used from burying people to building houses. ive used it for tyre protection in rough terrain its increadible stuff.
the only problems i see are the branch breaking before realese cut is made. getting a bigger saw than 020 (ms 200t) up there and useing it . only once have i had a stringy tear and go to ground DIDENT cut the side fibers enough. My helmet landed 10 m behind me. I was very winded by blow i took against the tree. I dident get to finish the tree. The bark burn on my face was pretty sore to.
Point being that i do cut the sides and somtimes do a whole series of cuts below my scarf just in case.
On the point of using a bigger saw, that would proberly stop the 020 clogging up so much. Do you get stringy barks were your working?? P.S what is approch limits of 500kvthanks and remember to be carefull up there.. P.S.S how many zaps ,bites or punches do (did) you go through.. Derek

wheres Graham

aussie loppa P.S.S.S i cant get through to his site. Any thing you can do. mabey you could pass my details along to him. would love to touch base on big euqs.603 different types in oz.
am i alowed to post my email here????
admin will delete if not
[email protected] bye Derek

i cant really remember the aproach limits.i always treat electricity with extreme caution,a guy working with me stood on a cross arm that had been wired up in wrong spot and had his balls,foot blown off(22kv). so ive got respect for it.around the 500 i was always getting tingles off gums leaf.plenty of yellow box,messmate around my way,but more swamp gum,ash,blackwood.i love the timber up your way and wouldnt piss on the wood here compared to alot of species over the divide,very very strong wood.what are you chipping with?

the mulcher

hi aussie loppa
Sorry to here about your mate on the 22s. That could make you want to get away from power lines forever.
Know much about Messmate?? has it allways been here?? Or is it some sort of cross between box (yellow white or brown) and stringy barks. Our messmate wont burn with an oxy.
Vermeer 1000 bc for the small stuff. we need truck loads of it , quite often we need to make "pads for the mullcher to work on. we need to be very concious about fuel reduction fires here a devestating.
Still havent got my resizing done yet.

heres a snap or the RT400 Regards Derek

pre empting my "UPING"

SORRY TO ALL FOR THE SIZE
go have a coffee while it comes through, it really is an awsome machine 400 hp two joysticks and can through a rail 50 meters if you set it wrong. Have more shots but promise not to send till i get sorted out...... It will chew through a log 6 -7 feet high!!!

go to microsoft.com and put in image resizer in search and download,then its easy from then on,it doesnt worry me the pics are big,just the guys on dial up internet.yes fires are a big problem.the messmate is similar looking to a yellow which is premium fire wood.do you get any silver top?

silver top

dont know it by that name does it burn. Ill look it up later.
I know there very close, have you tried to burn messmate by its self?

Back