notch?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Butch, your welcome any time to come to Canuckland and likewise, I would like to spend some time being your groundy. Loggers are just glorified groundies anyway. LOL
However, we aren't as dumb as we look, although were not the brightest bulb on the tree either.
When things get slow in the bush, I also double as an arborist. Here is a pic of me showcasing my skills, doing a takedown against the lean with a line, however, my parner, also a logger, is dumber than a sack of hammers.
John

i learned how to use a chainsaw while thinning forest land for the state of wv. all of my old generations of family have been loggers. i was unaware of an arborist/logger feud till one was created on this post. one thing i read on this thread was that arborists dont love or know their chainsaws and i could not disagree more.
one thing i can say is if either of us dont use our knowledge and skills to cut a tre down safely, the tree will indesciminately kill a member of either profession.

what if there was a tree in a field with a lean and instead of cutting it down and arguing we all just had some beer and found a nice place to go fishing?

Gypo, thanks for the pic it was exactly what I was getting at.

Yikes! What are we so touchy about today guys? Husky 372-you are usually cooler in your posts. Mike you are usually..............just like today;) . Seriously, Ive logged a little and been an arborist most of my life. The jobs overlap because they involve chainsaws and trees but they are so different from each other that we ought to have mutual respect rather than animosity. My observation has been that the average logger is much more competent at accurately felling trees without ropes. The average "arborist" (aka treehacker with a pick-up) isn't competent at all. The real arborists are usual much better equipped (both in gear and in experience) to fell trees in tight places where inaccuracy would not only be inconvenient but extremely costly. Peace , my brothers!:angel:

Hi RJ, coincidently, I just got back from fishing too. There's this pond about 500 yds. back of my place in the bush with Rainbows, so I just cooked one for my supper. It was a bit more red than the second one I released which was more silver. I caught them on a black knat and a flyrod. I just finished eating it, but I have had better fish in my time though. I think the wild trout are better eating and better fighting than the "put and take" ones.
John

Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
Butch,
I was replying to AO's comment about going fishing. :cool: Since that is exactly what I did this morning, I figured it was only appropriate to say so. :p

Hey, I wuz just yanking yur tail a bit. :D

Yeah, it's cool. After 5 pages of arguing about dropping a tree with no obstacles, I figured it was time to derail this thread anyway. ;)
THANK GOD, LOL ;)

stumper i know i'm usually more composed in my post, but with all the logger bashing i was getting i quess i got a little hot under the collar.

Loggers rock!!!

dancin.gif

Yeah, it's cool. After 5 pages of arguing about dropping a tree with no obstacles, I figured it was time to derail this thread anyway. ;)

yes it was getting a lttle carried away,gypo yes i think the small pan sized rainbows from the wild are good tucker,big trout are too oily.my dog likes em thou

Latest posts

Back