Now have 4 028's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GoRving
G

GoRving

I don't know why, but it seems that every Stihl I find lately happens to be an 028. Got one yesterday from an old man who bought it new years ago. Even got the owner's manual, plus a bow and a 16" bar, files, wrenches, etc. Got it all for 100.00. He said it hadn't been run in 5 years, so I didn't think it would crank as easily as it did. I put fresh fuel in it, and it cranked up and ran good. Today, I put an 18" bar and new chain on it, and took it to the woods. It kinda lost power in the cut, and didn't run all that great(was sporadic). I think it's going to need a carb kit after all. The older 028 that had cost me so much in parts and stuff is now running great. I put 4 new AV bushings in that one, a new coil, new chain, and finally a carb kit. I did put one of the 4 028's on fee-bay the other day. Gonna keep 3.

smilin possum

smilin possum

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey man keep getting them old 028's they are great small saws. One of the best sellers for years. I got one that's 36 yrs. old and Stihl digging. If you get any running or not keep me in mind.

chainsawwhisperer

chainsawwhisperer

Futuaris Nisi Irrisus Ridebis
. AS Supporting Member.
I feel your pain. In the last few months I have had 6 028 Stihl's. 3 runners and 3 non-runners.

Thanks to old Oscar, I now have 4 028 runners!
To be honest, one was just built from worn-out junk/broken parts, just to see if it woulds work...It runs just as good as the others, just louder (piston slap)!
I love those things!
Jim

Hey Oscar, Did you try the jam?

chainsawland

chainsawland

ArboristSite Operative
Everyone loves a good ol' 028 sooner or later!

stihl028wb.jpg

Latest posts