Now that Blitz is gone, who makes a decent small gas can?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Somesawguy

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I went to wally world last night, and all they had were the Scepter brand cans with the push spout. The Blitz cans with the shutoff lever weren't too bad for a CARB can, but they are out of business now.

No Spill Can are the only ones on the market worth spending $$$ on.
Made in the USA, and "No Spill Jill" aint bad either...

I went to wally world last night, and all they had were the Scepter brand cans with the push spout. The Blitz cans with the shutoff lever weren't too bad for a CARB can, but they are out of business now.

The blitz cans were great when compaired to some cans but garbage when compared to the "No Spill"....

Yard sales dude, I always hit them up for plastic old school jugs. And anti spill ones suck.

At $65, I'm turned off by the new Eagle cans.

I've used a Couple Eagle cans since the early 70's but I didn't pay that much for them.

I have several Blitz safety cans that has B & S caps on them. They are not safety anymore.

I'm fond of this one. It has a screw-on flexible spout that fits in the hole in the back of the handle.

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

No spill for me. I have 2 one gallons , one 2 gallon and a 5 gallon can. They pour faster then blitz or septor cans that i have had.

No Spill Can are the only ones on the market worth spending $$$ on.
Made in the USA, and "No Spill Jill" aint bad either...

Yeah, I just looked up the video. Looks good. Where can I get No-Spill Jill? No, what I meant to say is where can I get her cans? Oh, never mind... :yoyo:

Just saw the vid. Couldn't take my eyes off those cans. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I just like my old red plastic cans with the yellow pour spout and the breather vent in the back. I drill out the vent hole a bit bigger, and you can really move some fuel through those cans. Can't stand the new "safety" type designs. I prowl garage sales and occasionally find the older plastic ones with the breather cap and spout cap still intact, and buy them. I've got four 6-gallon and about five 2+ gallon cans.

No other gas cans need apply for admittance to my shop, though I'd snatch up a No-Spill Jill calendar. ;)

Was helping grandma clean out the house after grandpa died and found an old version of the metal "Stihl" can above. I was about to toss it until I saw something on the back of the shelf behind it... Has a pump and flexible line so you can just put the hose in the tank and pump the can a time or two. I used it a couple times but need to work on the rubber orings/fittings to make it pump a little better.

Only thing I don't like about metal is that during fall and spring the metal will heat and cool and condensate will get into the gas so you have to use it up fairly quick.

Last edited:
This is the *only* place where I've ever seen people say nice things about Blitz gas cans. Everywhere else, folk hate them.

And they aren't out of business.

Latest posts

Back