Gas Cans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danth

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I know this is off-topic, but this aggregation is most prevalent filling chainsaw gas tanks. I have several gas cans from different manufacturers and regardless of who's gas can I use, the spouts stink. I avoid the vent-less cans, but I go thru spouts nearly as fast as I go thru gas! They crack, break, leak, etc., particularly if they're of the bellows design. I was hoping to find the good old rubber spouts, but can only find them to fit cans with a cap designed for them. Gott, Scepter, Blitz all take spouts that have been losers for me. Anyone find a spout which will last a season or two?

I used the 1405 can for eons. I bought three dual husky cans for me and the boys.

I have No-Spill diesel cans at home. They work well for my tractor because you can rest the can on the tank and push the button without holding the weight of the can.

Looking for a better solution for the Bobcat at my workplace (maybe this one?).

Yep- the non drip non spill ones on Husqvarna dual fuel cans. They are about the toughest I have found and the non spill bit actually works!
Yep, back you on that, been using a husqvarna one for years, has a little tool box in the middle and a bar oil container on the other side and never had to replace it, , other than the one a little scum bag nicked.

Yep- the non drip non spill ones on Husqvarna dual fuel cans. They are about the toughest I have found and the non spill bit actually works!
I been using the husqvarna dual can over 20 years (same can) this year I fitted a new filler spout after the original started to leak. Think I had my moneys worth from this can, very good cans the old originals, I was tempted to buy a new one and will if anything happens to this one. It is my second can, the first fell out of the van and some lucky sod picked it up before i could turn around and go looking for it

I use the metal eagle cans with the built in funnel. Got a 1 gallon and a 2 gallon, unless I found one of those Jusrite rigs with a metal spout I wouldn’t use anything else

Back