Briggs-Stratton Combo Cans?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Are these now discontinued? I had a spout go bad over the last couple of years, and it finally busted to complete uselessness. I could not find a replacement spout, but did finally find one for a different brand. The HW store clerks said that they are no longer available. From my searching that seems to be the case. They are expensive, so buy another brand can was not an attractive option. And it seems that all gas can manufactures have different thread sizes. Very frustrating. The replacement I did find is not quite right but will work, and maybe even better as the BS spout was a leaker early on.

1652394965855.png

Are these now discontinued? I had a spout go bad over the last couple of years, and it finally busted to complete usefulness. I could not find a replacement spout, but did finally find one for a different brand. The HW store clerks said that they are no longer available. From my searching that seems to be the case. They are expensive, so buy another brand can was not an attractive option. And it seems that all gas can manufactures have different thread sizes. Very frustrating. The replacement I did find is not quite right but will work, and maybe even better as the BS spout was a leaker early on.

View attachment 987760
Looks a lot like a scepter manufactured can.

WD said, "Thanks for the report. I've never had a problem with mixing my own fuel, but maybe that's just me."
--------------------
I figured this thread needed a boost and that's why I said that. That worked. Frankly, this combo can looks like an accident waiting to happen. Like Mozart's concertos, too many notes. Price seemed high also.

Don't forget tape to keep the oil, grease, sawdust and sap off it. And one of those big JOBOX crates to keep all the caps, spouts, collars, collets, nipples, spring couplings, connectors, adapters, converters, T&P relief valves, vapor barriers and fume recirculators organized, or your ChildSafe lockout system won't work right (and we all know kids LOVE to drink gas and oil!)

Slathering on some SPF 30 would also prolly help make it last more than a year in the sun.

I've had a combo container for years, the only problem is that I shake the can to mix the fuel before I refill the oil tank. Too messy then to take the cap off the oil side and put the spout on since the spout lives inside the oil side of the can. Hard to break old habits...

So, it is the conclusion that these are no longer available? The new spout is working great. No more leakage and far simpler to use.

Replacement is called Quick-Flow Spout by Midwest Can Company. I'll pick up another as these oil/gas cans are essential for chainsaw users. One can, grab'n'go with little chance of picking up the wrong can and straight gassing your saw.

1652464228499.png

https://www.amazon.com/Midwest-Can-...ocphy=9021397&hvtargid=pla-568238570830&psc=1

WD said, "Thanks for the report. I've never had a problem with mixing my own fuel, but maybe that's just me."
--------------------
I figured this thread needed a boost and that's why I said that. That worked. Frankly, this combo can looks like an accident waiting to happen. Like Mozart's concertos, too many notes. Price seemed high also.

o_O

So, it is the conclusion that these are no longer available? The new spout is working great. No more leakage and far simpler to use.

Replacement is called Quick-Flow Spout by Midwest Can Company. I'll pick up another as these oil/gas cans are essential for chainsaw users. One can, grab'n'go with little chance of picking up the wrong can and straight gassing your saw.
Checked several places and they all said they're discontinued or out of stock.

Those cans are handy, but it's not particularly hard to keep straight gas out of your saw. Been doing it successfully for coming up on 30 years now. Label the can, or use one that is unique in some way from your other gas cans.

Those cans are handy, but it's not particularly hard to keep straight gas out of your saw. Been doing it successfully for coming up on 30 years now. Label the can, or use one that is unique in some way from your other gas cans.

Yet it happens despite it being simple to keep from doing. This unique combo can is an extra step in ensuring only gas/mixed fuel goes in the saw.

Back