Briggs-Stratton Combo Cans?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
too bad you aren't closer - I would give you the oil/gas combo can that was given to me
I don't like them

I grew to hate the B&S combi can also. Working the lock was a PITA. I did finally bypass it, and by that time it had started to leak. The new spout is the answer. No leaks, easier to use. I'll get a 2nd spout, as this can needs to last a long time.

Checked several places and they all said they're discontinued or out of stock.

Those cans are handy, but it's not particularly hard to keep straight gas out of your saw. Been doing it successfully for coming up on 30 years now. Label the can, or use one that is unique in some way from your other gas cans.
Try your local NAPA auto parts store, that is where I got mine.

This unique combo can is an extra step in ensuring only gas/mixed fuel goes in the saw.
I don't see how it's any better than any dedicated / 2T labeled fuel can.

Either way, you still need to add straight gas to the can and remember to add oil. Is there something I'm missing? Are you mixing the 2T fuel in another vessel before adding it to the combo can?

I have a piece of surveyor's tape tied to the handle of my can. When I put in straight gas, I move the tape to one side of the handle. When I add 2T oil, I move the tape to the other side of the handle. This tells me "the gas has oil in it." So does the color of the 2mix.
It ain't rocket surgery.

My recommendation is to buy extra nozzles when you buy any new can.
Put them away in a safe place for when needed, styles and govt always change. At this time,the bay is probably your best option to finding a replacement part.

The combo cans have been banned because the government feels they can be used as binary bombs. You have to buy them overseas from first word countries now and have them shipped in.
Love to read more about that one. Got a source? The government thinks bomb makers can't duct tape two cans together, apparently?

My recommendation is to buy extra nozzles when you buy any new can.
Put them away in a safe place for when needed, styles and govt always change. At this time,the bay is probably your best option to finding a replacement part.

Extra spouts is the best. Other then driving over the can, they can pretty much last forever. The spouts though, are a wear item, a fast wearing item so I have found. I've other cans and spouts that are going on 15+ years, but they don't see the daily usage like a chainsaw cans do.

Love to read more about that one. Got a source? The government thinks bomb makers can't duct tape two cans together, apparently?
You domestic chainsaw terrorist….My source is K Street in DC…I’m sure you read about the Champaign fountains lobbyists have at their parties, it’s all true. The debauchery at those parties is better than the debauchery in their regulations…lol. Madison Cawthorn was right to recently call out our senators and representatives…but I digress, I love my Husqvarna combi can…..mostly because they don’t want us to have them…lol

Have they banned guns? Hadn't heard that yet
In their minds they have….

our normal gas cans was an even bigger diabolical scam, the EPA teamed with OSHA to craft an intertwined regulation that neither agency can undo. I was friends with the OSHA administrative law judge who headed their part. They wanted to make sure we could never get our normal gas cans back. I spill more gas now than ever, and I cringe every times as it’s expensive….

In their minds they have….

our normal gas cans was an even bigger diabolical scam, the EPA teamed with OSHA to craft an intertwined regulation that neither agency can undo. I was friends with the OSHA administrative law judge who headed their part. They wanted to make sure we could never get our normal gas cans back. I spill more gas now than ever, and I cringe every times as it’s expensive….
I use the No-Spill cans for small stuff, saws and such and VP Racing jugs for larger equipment. Both work great and no spilling issues.

Only for replacement on “pre-ban” fuel containers. Of course. I mean, to do otherwise would be unethical.
image.jpg

Back