Nozzle for bar oil jugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shipping would quickly eat up the savings on something like that.
Well Canadian Tire has them for $29 plus what ever tax they have. I figure 10% so call it $32 out the door. The UPS shipping on a 24"x24"x24" box from from International Falls MN is $59.38 so call it $60. That box should fit 6 or more cans. So 6 cans at $32 is $192 plus $60 shipping makes a total of $252. If I buy on Amazon 6 cans would be $387.42. I think the $135.42 in savings is significant enough to warrant trying to find someone close to the border.

Well Canadian Tire has them for $29 plus what ever tax they have. I figure 10% so call it $32 out the door. The UPS shipping on a 24"x24"x24" box from from International Falls MN is $59.38 so call it $60. That box should fit 6 or more cans. So 6 cans at $32 is $192 plus $60 shipping makes a total of $252. If I buy on Amazon 6 cans would be $387.42. I think the $135.42 in savings is significant enough to warrant trying to find someone close to the border.
You have to add duty to that price as well if your importing them. I've crossed that border at IFalls many times and the border folks are absolute pricks. You won't convince them 6 of the same item is for personal use . GST and PST is something like 15% btw IIRC. The other thing is you will have to pay someone to do the legwork I assume. Plus you have to figure in the time you spend Coordinating all this.
All told I would just Ebay or Amazon them and be done with it, but that's just me.

$60+ for a POS polyethylene can that will bleach in the UV, get brittle and crack to pieces before the first saw bar wears out...PRICELESS!

Anyone seen these or know where something similar could be found. This is probably over 5 years old and the guy can’t remember where he bought it. It has a twist lock to keep oil from flowing when tipped. It was probably not made for oil jugs and he thought that there may have been a hose attached to the tip.

I thought it was gimmicky when I first started helping, now I think it’s pretty sweet and sad that it’s inner fitting is damaged and now worthless.
flotool 10101b on amazon

Thanks everyone for your great suggestions. I got a mild assortment.
At Menards multi colored. like $1.50 in store by the gas cans. I got 4 to either give or use on other fluids also.
I got 2 from wal mart. They are with oil and funnels. Not obvious location.They are twice as much online or from the app. They were in a box with other funnels on top and I missed them and wandered around way too long. The white part is removable for gallon jugs.
At advance auto parts you can get the blue one for almost 6$ or for 2$ more get it with the funnel attached. The one at advance, has a blue screen filter inside.
Blue is my favorite color but I didn’t buy it.

Thanks everyone for helping me get set up, and some good ideas to try also.

Attachments

• B10CFFB9-15B9-4CF1-8991-B0A6FB0A451C.jpeg
    B10CFFB9-15B9-4CF1-8991-B0A6FB0A451C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • 3488943A-A83F-48BC-AB93-59C1047EF794.jpeg
    3488943A-A83F-48BC-AB93-59C1047EF794.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 0536CCF8-C31B-4CE6-AF4D-AB6A829C464B.jpeg
    0536CCF8-C31B-4CE6-AF4D-AB6A829C464B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Anyone seen these or know where something similar could be found. This is probably over 5 years old and the guy can’t remember where he bought it. It has a twist lock to keep oil from flowing when tipped. It was probably not made for oil jugs and he thought that there may have been a hose attached to the tip.

I thought it was gimmicky when I first started helping, now I think it’s pretty sweet and sad that it’s inner fitting is damaged and now worthless.
For small amounts I just use a dish soap bottle. 750ml and squirter top. No mess easy to carry.

You have to add duty to that price as well if your importing them. I've crossed that border at IFalls many times and the border folks are absolute pricks. You won't convince them 6 of the same item is for personal use . GST and PST is something like 15% btw IIRC. The other thing is you will have to pay someone to do the legwork I assume. Plus you have to figure in the time you spend Coordinating all this.
All told I would just Ebay or Amazon them and be done with it, but that's just me.
Who is charging the duty?
As for the legwork it goes without saying I will pay a man for his time.

Thanks everyone for your great suggestions. I got a mild assortment.
At Menards multi colored. like $1.50 in store by the gas cans. I got 4 to either give or use on other fluids also.
I got 2 from wal mart. They are with oil and funnels. Not obvious location.They are twice as much online or from the app. They were in a box with other funnels on top and I missed them and wandered around way too long. The white part is removable for gallon jugs.
At advance auto parts you can get the blue one for almost 6$ or for 2$ more get it with the funnel attached. The one at advance, has a blue screen filter inside.
Blue is my favorite color but I didn’t buy it.

Thanks everyone for helping me get set up, and some good ideas to try also.
I like Menards but they sure do not like online orders. Do you know what WalMart specifically called them so I can look them up online?

What do you use?
Galv steel for the 2mix, and the OEM jug that the bar oil came in. One hooks under my index finger, the other under my pinky.

BTDT with the Great Polyethylene Garbage Patch

Galv steel for the 2mix, and the OEM jug that the bar oil came in. One hooks under my index finger, the other under my pinky.

BTDT with the Great Polyethylene Garbage Patch
Well steel do not bounce as well when a guy tosses one out of the skidder :)

I would think if you searched Walmart for a universal jug spout, it would come up
I took a look but did not see anything. I am sure they are there but the Walmart search function is very poor. They will be here in 90 minutes delivering some fuses for my boiler so I figured I would see if I could tack on a few other things. Not a problem....Wal Mart is here every other day, if not every day.:) I do not like them but Menards and Farm and Fleet have horrible delivery policies so Wal Mart it is

Border Patrol.

Who is charging the duty?

As for the legwork it goes without saying I will pay a man for his time.
Are you saying the border patrol charges a duty? If so which one US or Canada?
Yes, as I said I will pay a man for his time.

Best spout I found for bar oil is a Mobil Delvac container. I use Mobil Delvac in my diesel and the container has a spout like a 5 gal hydraulic oil can. Best container, holds 1 gallon so I just pour my bar oil into it.

Latest posts

Back