NY Daily News Article

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jbird said:
Plastic buffer??? What the??? Oh well, just a poor reporter I guess. And what about the photographer??? He climbed. So where's the pics? Slip knot? Try friction hitch...
the media.... sheesh.

Who will be teaching there at the arboretum? Sounds like a nice gig.

Well, jbird, we might give the reporter some slack (no pun intended) as he's just writing a polular feature story for a newspaper, and not a paper for the technical journal, Arborica Supra Terra.

It's a nice little article in a great big newspaper, and it would be hard to imagine that the article can do anything but boost the popularity of rec tree climbing.

Interesting that the New York Botanical Garden is now giving tree climbing lessons. Hey MOSS, I now see a new gig for you next door at the Arnold Arboretum!

I'm working on it. There are some very good climbers over there, they may do fine without me. But, I just finished the first phase of facilitator training with TCI, looking to start leading some group climbs maybe in the spring.
-moss

real world

put a ladder up it. There will be plenty of exciting climbing after you step off the ladder.

Latest posts

Back