o no??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreEmergencyB

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Started at a new company about a 10 days ago boss was gonna prune little maple tree after we removed 2 cherrys. he asked for his climbing gear so i grabbed his belt and rope set it by the tree. About 5 mins later he goes "hey, wheres my spikes?"...o no, i said,"i thought u said u was going to prune that tree?"
"i am i need my spikes please"

so unforntly i let myself get a job with a hack, he said he spikes just about all prune jobs kinda glad im there now he said he dont like to prune. i told him i loved it after i seen that, hopefully i can save some from the tradgy!!

:givebeer:

I kind of enjoy climbing without spikes. I got used to it after all the storms in the midwest. I seems like i can get around the tree better. Good luck with your new job.

i think unless it is really neccassy spikes should not be used. I know sometimes they need be but not just because its easier, if you want easy find a different career, right i love my trees and we shouldn't damage them cause people get lazy,

spike em all. well not all i guess. i have a soft spot for small trees with limbs close to the ground. anything i have to tie into and limb walk, i will always wear spikes. i spike all the way up to t.i.p, rapell down to desired limb, walk out until you begin to slip a bit, and the stab that suckr so you cant go anywhere. you're going up there to cut stuff, right? what difference do a few holes make? i will occasionally put a ladder up so there's no holes near the base which is where insects like to enter, but thats only very seldom. especially since i mostly do removals

spike em all. well not all i guess. i have a soft spot for small trees with limbs close to the ground. anything i have to tie into and limb walk, i will always wear spikes. i spike all the way up to t.i.p, rapell down to desired limb, walk out until you begin to slip a bit, and the stab that suckr so you cant go anywhere. you're going up there to cut stuff, right? what difference do a few holes make? i will occasionally put a ladder up so there's no holes near the base which is where insects like to enter, but thats only very seldom. especially since i mostly do removals

Stanley? Is that you?
But seriously, you are about to get yer ass handed to you, see ya.

Oh don't worry about the vagueness man, it will all be crystal clear shortly.

How's Stanely? Still a miserable $%#@sucker?

erm... i dont know stanley... he might be a miserable bastich. w/e. if you want to continue being vague i'll just stop listening. *plugs ears* lalalalalalalalalalaicanthearyoulalalala

lack of intelligence :looser:

Look, no one likes a spiker. No one likes a spiker who doesn't even know why its wrong even worse. Sure, there are some crappy trees you might spike to prune but all in all its a very bad practice.
I would just say that you are young, didn't know better and won't do it again at this point cause YUP yer ass is about to be handed to you.

Look, no one likes a spiker. No one likes a spiker who doesn't even know why its wrong even worse. Sure, there are some crappy trees you might spike to prune but all in all its a very bad practice.
I would just say that you are young, didn't know better and won't do it again at this point cause YUP yer ass is about to be handed to you.

its all about location. some places let you get away with spiking everything, some places dont. i live in a place where i can get away with it, and i do. its not as bad as i make it sound though, we have a bucket that reaches 90% of trims. to me though, its also about production and money. i can get to the top of a tree much faster on hooks the way i do than even the best rope climber can set a rope and hump up there.
again with the vagueness. childish really. hand me my ass already, if you think you can

Started at a new company about a 10 days ago boss was gonna prune little maple tree after we removed 2 cherrys. he asked for his climbing gear so i grabbed his belt and rope set it by the tree. About 5 mins later he goes "hey, wheres my spikes?"...o no, i said,"i thought u said u was going to prune that tree?"
"i am i need my spikes please"

so unforntly i let myself get a job with a hack, he said he spikes just about all prune jobs kinda glad im there now he said he dont like to prune. i told him i loved it after i seen that, hopefully i can save some from the tradgy!!

:givebeer:

Good on you buddy. Maybe you can teach your new boss a thing or two. Who knows, you might end up taking his job. :greenchainsaw:

its all about location. some places let you get away with spiking everything, some places dont. i live in a place where i can get away with it, and i do. its not as bad as i make it sound though, we have a bucket that reaches 90% of trims. to me though, its also about production and money. i can get to the top of a tree much faster on hooks the way i do than even the best rope climber can set a rope and hump up there.
again with the vagueness. childish really. hand me my ass already, if you think you can

Who, besides you, is trying to "get away" with anything? Don't bother with an answer cause I allready know and really, its coming. Nobody who is anybody is gonna spike a nice live tree. There is a word for that, its called " a hack". Maybe now that you know you will stop and use better judgement. I don't make the rules by the way but dems is the rules.
Anyway, nice to meet you kiddo, welcome to the site. I hope we can turn you around without to much fuss.:cheers: sheez, kids today.

sounds to me like its all about being a hack. spikes in, cash out, and on to the next one. who really cares anyway....they're only trees.

Who, besides you, is trying to "get away" with anything? Don't bother with an answer cause I allready know and really, its coming. Nobody who is anybody is gonna spike a nice live tree. There is a word for that, its called " a hack". Maybe now that you know you will stop and use better judgement. I don't make the rules by the way but dems is the rules.
Anyway, nice to meet you kiddo, welcome to the site. I hope we can turn you around without to much fuss.:cheers: sheez, kids today.

thx old man. i'm already set in my ways tho. sure, i'm willing to learn new things. anything really, as long as it doesnt involve ascending a rope

OK I need to confess to something.
I too use my spurs for most trees.
The trick is to learn to keep it to a minimum.

Just because they're there doesn't mean you need to use them.
Besides my hand saw is attached to my spurs, not my leg.

If I have to compete with hackers, I need my gear and spurs is part of it.

You just watch every step you take.
Cheetos-1.gif

Latest posts

Back