O/T - just so y'all know

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve NW WI

Unwanted Riff Raff.
Reaction score
I'm posting this here because it's where I hang out most of the time.

I've decided to hang up my Moderator keys. If you need something, get a hold of Stihl Sawing or one of the other fine staff members here (Wampum, Pioneerguy600, Gasoline71 among others), or hit the "report post" button if you see something out of line.

I mostly enjoyed my time as a mod here, but lately it was getting to where it bothered me more than something I do for free should.

On the plus (or minus) side, from here on out, I represent only me, and not the site, so my words won't be as carefully chosen and will more accurately represent the opinionated hillbilly that I am. That also means you're free to tell me you think my opinion is horse hockey as well. (Always has been, but some people don't like saying it to someone who could, in theory, ban em for it).

See y'all around, and hope to have some new wood cutting pics for you soon.

Steve

!! THANKS FOR THE TIME YOU SPENT TAKEING CARE OF BUSINESS!... now with all the extra time you will have on hand you will get more wood processed! lol no more excuses for not having enough wood to slide through winter..... now get busy..... the ice fishing wont wait even for an ex-moderator....

Horse Hockey ‼
He's just tryin' to trick you into cuttin'-loose on him so he can ban ya'... I know how the devious minds of Cheese-Heads work :D

Really though, sorry ta' hear you're gonna' turn in your card, I thought you did a fine job... and ya' certainly lasted longer at it than I could.
Thanks Steve.

thanks for the heads up. i for one am glad to see you hang it up. never seemed to be a good fit for you in my eyes. didnt post near as much as you used to either. welcome back to reality steve

thanks for the heads up. i for one am glad to see you hang it up. never seemed to be a good fit for you in my eyes. didnt post near as much as you used to either. welcome back to reality steve
jakers, there's a lot of truth that you stated in being a part of the moderators group! always one foot in the grave sort of speaking and the other waiting to get it cut off by an upset poster..... always being caught in the middle!

Steve,

Now since you have all this extra time.. I have some wood you can stack at my house.
I think we all need to have a "hey Steve, come over and stack my wood" party!
We will just take turns.

Seriously, I know that I could not be a MOD here, I would get so pissed off, and coming to the AS site, would cease to be enjoyable.
You Sir are tougher than I am!

Well Steve,
Kinda sorry to see you go, but I completely understand. Always thought it would be tough to be a mod. Need to be wearing your diplomatic hat at all times!
Thank You for your time and service.

Ron

Welcome to tomorrow, Steve! Now you'll have some time to hit some GTGs. Maybe visit with some distant folks.

For sure, your wood stacks won't suffer. Get bucking, eh!

Quite bogus during all the forum problems and hacks and almost repairs, etc. Don't blame ya a bit. I have been unpaid moderator on some very large and active forums in the past, meh, kept wondering when my check was gonna come in. It is a thankless job for the most part.

Huh, we have a quitter in our midst. Thought you where tougher than that. Ay least your coming back to us normal folk, it's a start.

Thanks for the kind (and otherwise :D ) words, everyone. I won't quote all of ya, but I do appreciate it!

Now be nice to the next poor suck...um brave volunteer that shows up with a tin badge around here!

Going to a mini-gtg in a few hours locally, and planning to be in IA the end of April. Now if I could just get Spidey to go so I can give him the present you all ponied up for...(Devious Cheesehead cackling sound goes here)

One last moderator job. I hereby command all of ya to drag yourself to a GTG somewhere, and soon. Even a 1 saw firewood hack will enjoy the people and food - and you'll likely learn something along with all the BS you'll hear. Might want to wear a full SCUBA suit with O2 mask and all if you don't want to catch a case of CAD at one though.

Finally I can tell you that you're a low-down, no-good, flat-footed, nose-pickin', finger-lickin', vericose-veined, tu-tu-wearin', toe-jam-eatin', monkey-butt-sniffin', single-ply-using, wiper of other people's bottoms!

Welcome back to mediocrity. :laugh::clap::rock:

I am not flat footed!

Thanks for the kind (and otherwise :D ) words, everyone. I won't quote all of ya, but I do appreciate it!
One last moderator job. I hereby command all of ya to drag yourself to a GTG somewhere, and soon. Even a 1 saw firewood hack will enjoy the people and food - and you'll likely learn something along with all the BS you'll hear. Might want to wear a full SCUBA suit with O2 mask and all if you don't want to catch a case of CAD at one though.

ok,you see what the MAN says. all you pa saw nuts the PA GTG is may 3. Steve c'mon down.

Latest posts

Back