Oak ID, has red spots?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fred, Thanks for checking this out. I think this is the second time this forum went round and round on the white ash subject. When I first got some white ash wood from my supplier, I didn't know what it was but I liked how it split and how fast it cured for burning. Years ago if my dad couldn't find a hickory tree, he would look for a nice white ash and cut out a few pittman sticks for his mower. Last fall I found one big white ash growing on our 80 so there is not that many growing around us. Because of our swamps and low land, we have mostly green and black ash.

Fred, Thanks for checking this out. I think this is the second time this forum went round and round on the white ash subject. When I first got some white ash wood from my supplier, I didn't know what it was but I liked how it split and how fast it cured for burning. Years ago if my dad couldn't find a hickory tree, he would look for a nice white ash and cut out a few pittman sticks for his mower. Last fall I found one big white ash growing on our 80 so there is not that many growing around us. Because of our swamps and low land, we have mostly green and black ash.
Nice signature:drinkingcoffee::laughing:that quote is hilarious:numberone:

Latest posts

Back