Oak Score!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbojango

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Buddy of mine had me cut these tree's down months ago... so today he calls me up and says "I'm outta wood and if you come cut me a pickup load i'll let you have one too" well... by the time i'm done he has given me about 10 BIG bur oaks to cut on "whenever i want" because i laid him about 25 12" ash tree's down (which he likes better for some reason) that didn't have much limbing or brush on them. SCORE! the wood in the pics is about 30 inches across on the biggest stuff, rest is 14-25 or so i'd guess. All cut 16" in lenght, THANK YOU EPA stoves! more $$'s for my wood!

i laid him about 25 12" ash tree's down (which he likes better for some reason) that didn't have much limbing or brush on them.

I love me some nice ash! I will see how my burr oak turns out before fully deciding, but ash is my favorite also. I don't know if the oak I am working on right now will be ready next year or not (top is ready now) and it was standing dead for 3 years.

Is your lens dirty?:hmm3grin2orange:

great score. Love those deals, one pickup load to 10 bur oaks to cut on. Also like your truck. :biggrinbounce2:

I just cut down two honey locusts for a friend that didn't have any use for them! He's got a big Red Bud I can get too! I love those types of scores.

I just cut down two honey locusts for a friend that didn't have any use for them! He's got a big Red Bud I can get too! I love those types of scores.

i went and cut and split 2 cords of the bur oak with my buddy's son today. And filled his pickup with oak. didn't make near the dent in it i thought i would.. might be more wood than i thought lol. oh.. AND he had another half mile of creek with oaks everywhere i can cut "anytime"

Latest posts

Back