Oak Wilt! Burr Oaks and Alamo Injection? Urgent Help?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aye, beer it is then.

Although last few nights are still having an effect.

Nate - get over here and Jason, come on up. We'll summit this proposal and come-up with some tangibles. I have to air-up all four tires before driving off each morning and am 10,000 miles past oil change (need some operating and more recreational capital). The mortalities are uncountable and it's getting faster and bigger quick. Why then are people not having them removed?

Dead fallen underneath and felling dead makes a god-awful mess, no kidding. The city crew near here (not too near) has a vacuum device I watched being demonstrated attached to a Vermeer 1250 - small twigs and 2-inch had no problems...it can also take a climbing rope faster than I can swill a brew, but it gave me some ideas regarding the hassle of older men's lower spines becoming even older.

If someone's too cheap (re: Hill country German) to have a removal done, they still eventually call but two years later, when a dust pan and broom is more effective than a chainsaw and climbing gear. I want to work on a tree that challenges my abilities to rig and cleans-up cleanly instead of dry rot and dust and broken hips from lateral limbs letting me go. Let's butt heads and make some progress. I still wanna big boat that goes anywhere anytime, and soon hopefully.

Que paso?

I would like to head out to the devastation next week before I leave town. I have free time but the wife quits work today which means she has free time and that means I have less free time.........

Sorry I never made it down over the holidays. Thing got a little foggy/busy.

It is amazing how long people wait to bring down those giants. Climb and cut chunks - maybe but riggin' :eek: I can think of better ways to commit suicide.

Nate

I've got a method for cleaning up as long as their arent' a lot of windows around. ;)

I use a grapple for most of the stuff and the small pieces I can shred to 4-6 pieces if it isn't too rocky. It makes it look nice, too, especially if there is some high grass to mix with it or underbrush. If there really is tons of little stuff everywhere, I have a hydraulic rake that sweeps everything into the hopper. It won't work on hard, big chunks but loves all the moss, twigs, and mess.

Let me know if you need that service!

Jason - that grapple reaches out about 24 ft.?

I've been dreaming grapples - ones that can do the job of a crane and also have a cut-off (similar to a harvester) bar option. I'm heavy on man-done removals for the pricing options offered to most people, but I am getting old fast. On the other hand if I don't climb, I age faster. I predict another three years max, doctors told me ten years past.

Extended reach, plenty of weight to counter, grab...cut...pull out and away, bring her down and stuff it in the shoot. Like ice skating only more care to keep the little breaks from destroying a $55,000 standing seam copper roof.

That would be a first try of something no one else is doing in the Hill country. Screw the helicopters and cranes, three years' post death give few alternatives.

Nitro glycerine works, as does Herculite...but those are for recreational felling out away from the homes.

Back