Odd chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Talked to a dealer today that I have been using for several years. He showed me a bar and chain he had that is manufactured by Atkins (I think). It was a very unusual setup. Approximately 16" sprocket nose bar, but the unusual thing about it was, all the chain except the cutters ran down in the bar and the drive links were flat on the bottom. The grove in the bar was probably 1/8" wide. I believe he told me that this was used on a Homelite (he did not say what model). The next time I go to tupelo I will try to remember and carry my camera and get pictures. He also said he had a storage trailer with some old stuff from when he moved to the present location and he planed to clean it out when it got a little cooler. He thinks he has some Oregon 1/2" pitch # 10 chain. I need some for a Homelite super 66 whiz, so I told him that when he decided to clean out the trailer call me and I would help. Tom

Thanks for the offer. Knowing this man it may or may not ever happen. I have been trying to get him to sell me his junk parts for two years and he keeps putting me off. Tom P.S. where in MS.

Latest posts

Back