Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap::clap::clap:

Now you’re starting to catch on.

Now ask yourself why it’s made there and not here and we might have made some progress.

A citizen of the USA saw an opportunity to purchase inexpensive non patent protected imported aftermarket kits and assemble them for sale to customers for a fee. You have a problem with this because it might have an impact on a different foreign entities ability to sell their different imported patent protected products at a much higher cost.

A citizen of the USA saw an opportunity to purchase inexpensive non patent protected imported aftermarket kits and assemble them for sale to customers for a fee. You have a problem with this because it might have an impact on a different foreign entities ability to sell their different imported patent protected products at a much higher cost.
You do realize the OEM contributes thousands of jobs to our country, right?

Where was that phone made?
It’s ok brother, I understand you don’t get my point of view and I’m ok with it because the only actions I can control are my own. I support companies that contribute to this country, all China does is take, whether that is legally or illegally.

You are aware Apple is an American company that pumps Billions of dollars into our economy, right?

I buy and support American made products whenever I can,, even if it costs me more money. Now, these American companies can, and do outsource parts, and perhaps product from China. Much of what comes from China is abject junk, but the Chinese can produce quality if forced to by the company seeking their parts... it can be done. The operative word being "can."

I don;t have a real problem with Chinese knockoff saws. I guess they fill a niche in the market. I wouldn't buy one myself, because I feel as though I'm cutting my own throat! What I do have a problem with is stolen designs and intellectual property marketed as something they're decidedly not.. and Chinese companies are great for this. Giving the Chinese saws Germanic sounding names to outright fool the public, or make them feel a bit better about themselves for supporting the Chinese crap coming top our shores. I see it in most everything... small inverter welding machines called "Everlast" more commonly caslled Neverlast, and others..

We're in charge of our purchases... Let the buyer beware!

Outsourcing is exactly what the individual who assembles these kit saws for other people does, just like Stihl, Husqvarna, etc.
Everything else is marketing.

Outsourcing is exactly what the individual who assembles these kit saws for other people does, just like Stihl, Husqvarna, etc.
Everything else is marketing.
May I ask how old you are and whether or not you have children?

To help me understand your lack of concern for the future of our country.

The future of the country depends on individuals willing to take advantage of opportunity and pursue it.

That would be a person like noodlewalker, you know that person you crapped all over for taking a swing at the american dream.

The future of the country depends on individuals willing to take advantage of opportunity and pursue it.

That would be a person like noodlewalker, you know that person you crapped all over for taking a swing at the american dream.
You should probably read post #116, I figured you were young with no children.

The problem with this statement is it's too short minded. You're thinking about today and not tomorrow. The Chinese don't give a **** about the crap products they make because they have no pride. Their main focus is to make products as cheap as possible to gain all the market share. This forces businesses that put out a quality product to close their doors and we are stuck buying their ****. People are so ****ing short minded that they will buy something because it's a quarter of the price, ignoring the fact that they will have to replace it every few years because it's nothing but junk, in the end it really isn't any cheaper and businesses with pride and quality products are disappearing. Remember when you bought something, took care of it, and it lasted and lasted and lasted, so long it could be passed down to the next generation? Those days are long gone as of now. The new mentality is, buy it cheap, throw it away when it breaks, and buy another. We are spending just as much money and having to deal with the frustrations of constant failure of **** products.

What the Chinese are doing is working, as shown by the made in China label on everything you pick up. If you think this can't happen to Stihl with these crap clone saws and kits that are starting to gain traction, you're blind. It's time to put a stop to this **** by not supporting these communist bastards, and buying quality products, even if they are more expensive. Yes, OEM saws are better, in many more ways than one.

This post?

Bummer that politics has to creep in to this. I wish some ppl here would take their agenda somewhere else.

Oh well, the ignore button works well enough.

I think you got the OEM is best thread mixed up with the Chicom is junk thread. Probably could find it on page 10 by now. :cheers:
I've been looking at the G372 (65CC, Blue) and the G388 (72CC, Blue) in both kit and ready made form and it's getting close to being Ideal for my purpose and price range.

Bummer that politics has to creep in to this. I wish some ppl here would take their agenda somewhere else.

Oh well, the ignore button works well enough.
Where you at on PA sir? I'm in York county. GTG here at my place October 26. Stickie at the top of chainsaw forum.

Latest posts

Back