Official Loggers Beer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancan

Spruce , The preferred wood of the Purgatory !
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
attachment.php

http://www.picaroons.ca/products_bitter.asp

:cheers:

Gary, I gotta tell you -- I grew up on RainBeers and Oly and Artesians and Weinhards and Blitz and such. I remember 4 dollar half-racks of Schmittys. I still drink PBR as my "usual" beer -- because it came from WI, hung around here, and went back, and never changed its taste. Rainier, however, is brewed in CA now. I'm not too cool with that, but at least I can still get it, which is more than I can say for a lot of other defunct regionals.

I love a good IPA and am MORE than thrilled to live in the best beer town in the world (Seattlites and Portlanders can suck it -- I am situated such that I can get both of your best stuff without too much effort)

All of this is water under the bridge, though, compared to the insult that is a big green "T" entering Seattle rather than a big red "R". I am a coffee drinker. I actually even like Tully's' coffee... but I do NOT like my local landmarks getting rearranged.

Summary: I love Rainier.

Gary, I gotta tell you -- I grew up on RainBeers and Oly and Artesians and Weinhards and Blitz and such. I remember 4 dollar half-racks of Schmittys. I still drink PBR as my "usual" beer -- because it came from WI, hung around here, and went back, and never changed its taste. Rainier, however, is brewed in CA now. I'm not too cool with that, but at least I can still get it, which is more than I can say for a lot of other defunct regionals.

I love a good IPA and am MORE than thrilled to live in the best beer town in the world (Seattlites and Portlanders can suck it -- I am situated such that I can get both of your best stuff without too much effort)

All of this is water under the bridge, though, compared to the insult that is a big green "T" entering Seattle rather than a big red "R". I am a coffee drinker. I actually even like Tully's' coffee... but I do NOT like my local landmarks getting rearranged.

Summary: I love Rainier.

I grew up chuggin' all those down too. Then during huntin' season the local mom and pop grocery store (the Orting Food Center) would offer a "hunters special" of Buckhorn (brewed by Oly) for $3.99 a case. :laugh:

Buckhorn-Beer-Labels-Olympia-Brewing-Company_47482-1.jpg

I think the big "T" over the old brewery is blasphemy... I grumble everytime I drive by it on Interstate 5. I took a tour of the old Rainier Brewery a loooong time ago. It was a cool place.

Here are 2 shots of the brewery with the "R" and the "T"... :cry:

IM476800Logo.jpg

450tullys16_exterior1_09-16-2008_PR18P9S.jpg

Gary

When I was in Idaho, I drank Ranier and thought it was fine. I went back some time later, bought some, and it was terrible! Until now I didn't know why. Now you tell me it was made in California! That explains it.

That state is so bad, even the California condors went to Arizona. :)

Condors hanging out in AZ are not to be mistaken for buzzards, who hang out on AS.:clap:

I grew up chuggin' all those down too. Then during huntin' season the local mom and pop grocery store (the Orting Food Center) would offer a "hunters special" of Buckhorn (brewed by Oly) for $3.99 a case. :laugh:

Gary

Orting? kreichy.

Lived between there and Sumner as a kid. Against the foothills below Bonney Lake. Ride our bikes along dirt the roads to Orting. I remember settlers cabins, remnents of wagons, bears and 'yotes. Think we had summers back then even.

G. Hielmann bought up all those brewery's I think (R, Oly, Lucky), then self-destructed.

Last edited:
450tullys16_exterior1_09-16-2008_PR18P9S.jpg

MY EYES! THEY BURRRRRRNNN

EDIT: Ooh! Ooh! Lookit what I found!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IlCALTK2FyA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IlCALTK2FyA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back