Oh god not another oil thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem when the machines start blowing up will be noticed by the company owner. He'll ask the boss why this is happening, not the guys running the machines. The boss will say,''Those dumb@#ses are straight gasing them. Owner will say, fire em. Those guys running the stuff won't get to talk to the owner.

I would bet that you would not have any problem at the 62:1 mix, but it would have been just as easy to put two gallons in the can to start with.

Actually it's a good thing that you caught him doing something that stupid. Now you'll at least know not to trust any gas that he just hands to you.

There are plenty of guys out there that would run their saws, or bikes on 100:1 and claim there was never a problem. I expect with a good quality product like Stihl Ultra the equipment would never have been any worse for the experience operating at 63:1, particularly if the can was not completely emptied of mix before he refilled it.

Fish asked a long time ago if anyone ever had an "oil related" problem other than simply forgetting to add it to the mix, I don't think anyone could identify an actual case...

And by the way AOD, I have a whole garage full of McCulloch parts saws, when are you going to get back to the 1-42 project?

Mark

I would never do it but I know a guy who on more than one occasion has mixed gas and oil in his saws at days end and always got away with it. Probably rich if anything though. He also eyballs his 2 gallon can from a five gallon can.

This is why I always like mixing my own gas, from measuring it out from the pump to adding my choice of oil my way.

Agreed here, I NEVER run anybody else gas or their premix! I personally would not run 62:1, but I'm not an engineer.

Theres a lawnmower site? For what?

I think this is where AOD started the "Bunch of Jerks thread." That was fun!:clap:

No, 50:1, even on older saws that were rated for more oil. The mix oil has improved a lot, so you need less of it!

Welcome back! :cheers:

No, 40:1, even on newer saws that are rated for less oil. :biggrinbounce2:

Latest posts

Back