Oh, the 034 AV Super is back

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennyplay

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Question, I have the owners manual, which I got from Stihl but the page (pictures) that talks about the needle cage (off of the crankshaft) is all blackened out. Can't see if well. It seems to have a problem. I took off the clutch drum but there is nothing underneath it. That, I think, is where the needle cage would be..Am I right? Does anyone have a pic of it, so I can match it up or get a new one? thanks send to [email protected]

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

thanks for the quick response. my question is...does 15 (drum hub) sit right on 12 (clutch assembly)? Mine does, but feels loose.
And.... which # is the needle cage? thanks

034--The fix ?????????

I found out what was wrong. Today, I was really having a hard time starting it, and it would not idle. I cleaned the air filter, thinking that was it. Nope. I then took off the chain and bar again and started it. It started right up! Hmm..I proceeded to take it to a Stihl dealer, we found out the the bearing, over the crank shaft was completely missing!...Which by the way, is called the needle cage...Why call it that??? Anyway, Stihl changed over to a bigger bearing, and the rim sprocket hole is bigger too. I bought all that, but also bought an old style bearing. The crank shaft tip was alittle worn, and the sales guy said I might have problems and that the clutch cover might be ovaled out. I got some 600 grit sand paper, wetted it down, strapped down the chainsaw on the work bench and sanded her down...Greased the bearing, and put it all back together. The clutch cover, I was told, has a notch in it and that has to fit over a little protrusion into clutch. I will try it tomorrow on some wood...Cross my fingers!

Latest posts

Back