Oil coming out of muffler threads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dog is my best friend....
atr_zpslfcumt2y.jpg

That picture of your dogs teeth reminds me I had a big hound named smiley few years ago, living in a rural area and when he run out to greet people he would roll his lips back and show his big canine sharp teeth which looked like he was a killer, strangers would run and jump back into their vec and/or roll up their windows real fast and leave fast or honk their horn until I came out. I would then usually call Smiley back and tie him up on a chain like he was a killer. He was just smiling and wanting some petting. No strangers would try to get past smiley's bad looking teeth. He would lick the skin off of the people that knew he was just smiling and wanting some petting.

If I was busy and did not want to talk to the strangers Smiley would keep them in their vec until they left.

her name is woofiecycle and she smiles a lot her bark is what scares peeps around here

You need to remove that picture of woofiecycle and brush her front teeth and re-post the picture with clean teeth BEFORE PETA see's it and starts protesting cruelty to animals.
Them front teeth are dirty.
F@#@ peta I spoil this dog more than my wife!!! probably spend more time with her a well lol

PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals

Definition of PETA in this neck of the woods in the Redneck dickshernery.
and
I tell my wife that I wished she would: Just love me like my dogs does.
lol I know what you mean when I come home my wife looks at me like oh it's just yu but my dog is happier than a pig in **** that I'm home

Great news on this.. after the saw sat for a few days I finally got out to the shop and put another 1/2 tank of fuel in it and ran it. I backed of the high and low screws to where it is running perfect no bogging and cuts real nicely the oil coming out of the muffler has stopped so it must have been from running rich also where this saw sat for so long before I rebuilt it I had put oil on the crank to rod bearing quite heavy so there may have been access oil from the crank case coming out the muffler as well

That's great.

Go over to pg 2 and click on the stihl video that btsnelling posted and listen to the stihl as it's cutting under load.

When he has it in the log and you hear the engine sound like it misses just little bit every once in awhile when the full load is is slightly reduced from the engine and it 4 cycles.(sputters)
4 cycle means it's running rich on fuel and this also cools the piston on a 2 cycle.)

If yours don't 4 cycle every once in awhile and it seems to be screaming in the cut, back out the H jet 1/2 turn and place the saw back in the cut and tweak it until you get the 4 cycle and it cuts good. (you do not want the scream smooth cut sound with not ever 4 cycling)
If the H jet is turned in too far CW the saw will seem to be running real good and screaming in the cut but the engine is running lean on fuel and Stihls will Overheat real fast and ruin the piston.
When you first start the Stihl and the engine is cold and it bogs when you hit the throttle, just let it warm up for awhile and then gently start advancing the throttle and it will warm up and go. Do not adjust it for immediate good throttle cold or it will not be correct when engine is hot Usually or sometimes.

Good Luck too ya.

Back