Oil pump question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merc_man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
trying to get my sons saw to oil that he picked up. I tried blowing air back through the oil hole and mabe cause presure in tank it pump great for few mns then shut off and tried an hour later and barly anything came out. I pulled the clutch and the little drive gear looks ok. Threads are good that run the pump. My next guess is to replace the pump? Or anythink else to check. Line not plugged can blow through and see lots of bubbles come back to tank.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

6377141758f66d51334d80e33bd76aef.jpg
e0eff4b1ff407aa82828121d8334c6e6.jpg
a1793d57f5272ca8d16f11be517fc0b1.jpg

I pulled pump off and the black threaded thing in pic is not turning pump gear. Can move it up and duwn. With presure it will drive gear. Called local saw shop and cant order parts for them saws.

My next plan it to mabe try slotting the mount hole a little to move pump to get presure on the gear. What do you guys think.

If my son never had $50 into getting this saw i would not even bother but since its his would like to get running.

If the oil pinion gear is problem then it will only get worse it would run off center causing even more wear. You should be able to order online just need its PN and for we need your model number and chain pitch to give the correct part number. btw it looks like off a Husqvarna 350

Got it working. Still would like to find new gear. here is info i got off saw. And chain potch is 3/8 lp
21b38b46d06a8d3f545ab222d6410552.jpg

I put some greese on the gear to mabe help it last a little longer.

I also need a throttle cable of ya know any info on that too.

It's a Jenn Feng made saw based on Zenoah designs (kind of a cross between a G3200 and a GZ4000). If you can find oil pump parts for an Eathquake CS38xx they will drop right in - they're even adjustable.

I THINK these should fit: https://www.getearthquake.com/Parts?CategoryId=59&ProductId=2509&ControlNumber=020631

KIT PUMP ADJUSTABLE OIL 38 AND 41CC (838116) $14.34

KIT WORM GEAR WITH SHIM 38 AND 41CC (838128) $9.45

I pulled pump off and the black threaded thing in pic is not turning pump gear. Can move it up and duwn. With presure it will drive gear.
Can you explain this better - is it that the gear isn't able to turn in the pump without force, or just that the face of it when it engages the drive sprocket is so ripped up?

It's a Jenn Feng made saw based on Zenoah designs (kind of a cross between a G3200 and a GZ4000). If you can find oil pump parts for an Eathquake CS38xx they will drop right in - they're even adjustable.

I THINK these should fit: https://www.getearthquake.com/Parts?CategoryId=59&ProductId=2509&ControlNumber=020631

KIT PUMP ADJUSTABLE OIL 38 AND 41CC (838116) $14.34

KIT WORM GEAR WITH SHIM 38 AND 41CC (838128) $9.45

Can you explain this better - is it that the gear isn't able to turn in the pump without force, or just that the face of it when it engages the drive sprocket is so ripped up?
The gear on pump if fine i can turn by hand with no resistance and oil even bubbles out hole just turning by hand. The black gear was not making contact with that gear so i slotted the pump mount hole so i could adjust pump to mesh with the gear. Its working for now but wanna order proper parts.

Could the saw was run with the brake on and the clutch got hot, melting the worm gear so it no longer engages properly?

Could the saw was run with the brake on and the clutch got hot, melting the worm gear so it no longer engages properly?
It does have a little discolor on back side of drum but not major. But the plastic worm gear does have a little sign of heat wher it atataches to the clutch drum. But nothing too major.

One caution if you do get a new gear - no problem if you got the real factory gear for that saw, but I have seen two different gears, and pumps with two different sized rings to match on the various different clones of these saws.

One caution if you do get a new gear - no problem if you got the real factory gear for that saw, but I have seen two different gears, and pumps with two different sized rings to match on the various different clones of these saws.
Chris exactly why I looked up the 41AY54NQ000 IPL and gave PNs from it.

I'm just waiting for someone look-up my Husky 450 oiler parts as they are not the original setup.;)

Here is a slightly different Jenn Feng Mac that uses that same chassis:
IMG_5633-800.jpg
Here's a Ryobi 10532/GZ400:
IMG_5983-800.jpg
Here's the Earthquake, but I don't have a shot with the cover removed:
IMG_6289-800.jpg
I've used an Earthquake pump and gear to repair a Craftsman-branded GZ4000 - it didn't originally have an adjuster but did after the repair. I don't seem to have taken any pictures of that.

I even tried 3D printing a worm for one, but I have never tried it out - it might work but the shape did not print very well:
IMG_6209-800.jpg
IMG_6211-800.jpg

Oh wow. They do all look the same. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back