Oil tank vent removal Jred 625

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul hill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm assuming this is the oil tank vent on this Jred 625? It's directly above the oil tank cap and goes through to the inside of the tank. It appears to be made of a group of small copper looking wires.

This saw is leaking bar oil like crazy. If my other repairs don't fix the problem, I'll replace this too. Does anyone know if it just presses in and out?

IMG_20150414_160340378.jpg IMG_20150414_160315888.jpg

It is the vent. I thought it looked like a brass nozzle. Don't know how it comes out. Probably gotta split the case. Mine seeps oil if I roll the saw on its side

Thanks for the reply. It looks like you could open the oil cap and push it out from the inside IF it comes out that way. I'm hoping I don't have to mess with it but if I do, I'd rather not break stuff before I figure out how to get it out.

Are you sure the bar oil is coming from the vent? If not sure, inspect the case joint between the front of the tank and the cyl base.....I've had to replace several case gaskets due to gasket failure under the muffler.......the case is thin and a long way between the bolts in this area.....also probably the heat from the muffler contributes as well.

Are you sure the bar oil is coming from the vent? If not sure, inspect the case joint between the front of the tank and the cyl base.....I've had to replace several case gaskets due to gasket failure under the muffler.......the case is thin and a long way between the bolts in this area.....also probably the heat from the muffler contributes as well.

I believe the bar oil was all leaking out from behind the bar cover and from the metal housing that holds the oiler gears. I have the saw all cleaned up now and when I get a couple of new parts to finish the job, I'll fill it with oil and check it.

When I got the saw it had leaked so much bar oil all over everything, it was hard to tell where it all was coming from. I was guessing that maybe some of the leak was caused by a clogged oil tank vent.

I'll add checking the case gasket under the muffler like you suggested. Thanks for sharing that info.

I believe the bar oil was all leaking out from behind the bar cover and from the metal housing that holds the oiler gears. I have the saw all cleaned up now and when I get a couple of new parts to finish the job, I'll fill it with oil and check it.

When I got the saw it had leaked so much bar oil all over everything, it was hard to tell where it all was coming from. I was guessing that maybe some of the leak was caused by a clogged oil tank vent.

I'll add checking the case gasket under the muffler like you suggested. Thanks for sharing that info.

Hopefully it's the oil pump and not the case gasket...much easier fix...Good luck!!

I'm hoping its not the case gasket too! Now that the oil is all off of it and after I replace the oiler hose and small o ring on the oiler assembly, I'm hoping its either fixed or I'll be able to see where its leaking from.

Latest posts

Back