Oil/wood furnace?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kugss

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ive found this oil/wood furnace that im thinking about getting. Wood goes in the top and the oil burner head goes in the bottom on the side. Never head of anything like it does anybody have any info on these?

Yup, I have an Alternate Heating Systems Wood Gun gasification boiler with a built in oil burner. The wood furnace is awesome, keeping my 2500sft house over seventy on 3 loads a day. The oil burner is only used when I go on vacation and before hand I have to give the photo sensor thing a good cleaning and usually have to mess with the nozzle. It works well when it is clean but dirty it is a pain. If I were to do it again, I would buy the boiler without the oil and then just install a traditional oil burner separate.

Check out Alternate Heating Systems, I did a ton of research before buying and they seemed to have the best product.

wood oil boiler

35 years running a wood oil boiler. 5 to 6 cords and no oil in the winter.house 72- 75 deg.2000 sq. k

My charmaster is a wood oil combo. The oil burner is on the side, next to the door. Works great. Has two thermostats so either can be used. They still sell them. I'm pretty sure they have a web site.

My charmaster is a wood oil combo. The oil burner is on the side, next to the door. Works great. Has two thermostats so either can be used. They still sell them. I'm pretty sure they have a web site.

They do still make & sell them in Grand Rapids.
They do not carry a listing.
Code says they must be tested and listed to burn liquid and solid fuel and vent in the same flue. ETLM tested them to UL 391 decades ago ,but ETLM no longer does testing and is out of the business so Charmaster's are really illegal...they do not meet code.

On the other hand Yukon's are tested and listed....UL file# MH11057

Can i see a pic of yours, it sounds like the one i was looking at.

I don't know how to post pictures, but go to charmaster.com. Mine looks just the the one shown only without the louvers above the door. It is a very well built simple furnace that works great.

Latest posts

Back