OK... fess up... how many chainsaw do ya have?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually don't know how many saws I have right now. I'm thinking 25-30, but more if I include the more or less complete saws that I INTEND to be members of the stable.

I also have in mind several "Holy Grail" saws that will keep me in saw seeking mode for a long time... an 066 project, an 090 project, a 346 project, and a 394 project. I'm sure there are plenty I haven't thought of, though!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have 4 in the house 1 in the truck and 3 in the shed. Hope to have a few more before the week is over.:jawdrop: ...............454

Oh yeah, I forgot my Jonsered chainsaw bottle opener if that counts.
dc6c_1.JPG

Last edited:
I have pruned the collection down to three runners and one project.

Runners

Mac pro mac 10-10
Makita 6401

All the rest have been gifted away to friends and family or sold off. My dad has my Homelite Super 2 that I need to get back and use this week.

I do have a Timer Bear on the way that was given to me, I understand that some replacement parts have been whittled from sticks and other wood so it might be a bit of a challenge.

020AV

Solos

Mcculloch

5 saws with barely a use for 1. I don't personally heat with wood and only have a couple acres to keep up with. I'm sure you can all understand why I am still on the prowl for some big saws. I have the <60cc pretty well covered.

Thought I was making progress in lowering the saw count today , three went out the door but another two have showed up. Traded two Jonsereds , one 630 and a 2045 that were given to me and I cleaned them up and assembled them into good running shape and traded them for a little used 2094. Then traded a 026 I paid $5. for and added a airfilter and a muffler to it for a real nice 066 that needs a rear handle/tank assy. that is badly cracked in the rear joint but runs super. Merry Christmas to all.
Pioneerguy600

Not many, just the before mentioned, hopefully a new 066 or 395xp soon and an old Mac 35 that was my grandfathers. Still runs like a bat outta hell, just as heavy too' and kicks like a mule. Darn fun though!

oh ya... almost forgot about this thread... got to add an O84 to the herd :chainsaw:
having a manual oiler button sure makes dumping oil into a buried cut easy.

been running O84, 48in bar, 404 chain... needing a shorter bar.
just found out 084 uses a large Stihl mount bar. this knocks out all my bars that fit 046/064:cry:

Last edited:
Well at one time I had over 50 now I only have 8. I sold off all of the old ones and bought all new Stihls. 192T, 170 which is the wifes,210, 270 which could possibly be my favorite, 310 that I will give to my dad, 460, and the 660. Oh yea, I still have old faithful which is the poulan 306a. once the 310 leaves I am going to get a 361.:greenchainsaw:

Back