Okay, enough arguing! THIS is a cord!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueRidgeMark

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Enough of the bickering! Once and for all, this is a cord!

attachment.php

:hmm3grin2orange:

I crack myself up!

(Get it? Crack up? :D )

(This is an apology and peace offering to logbutcher for the acrimony of my recent posts on "what is a cord"?)

Last edited:
I told my late mother, I did not want to bring you.............

Some people's....kids....

Awwwww, man don't get poor Mark riled again! Remember, Wikipedia is only as good as the anonymous internet author behind the entry.

Now back to our subject: Weren't Cords the first front wheel drive cars? At least on this side of the pond anyhow? I'd love to have seen cars like that back in their heyday, much cooler than the dorks with H2s that run around nowadays.

Awwwww, man don't get poor Mark riled again! Remember, Wikipedia is only as good as the anonymous internet author behind the entry.

Not true. Any reference material is as good as the sources, and the person checking the sources. Instead of bashing Wikipedia, check the references. Some of the same references are here on a sticky in this forum, and come from the US Forestry Lab. Since all Wiki sources are hyperlinked, it's pretty easy to check.

If the references were bunk, I'd understand the criticism, but it's still not Wikipedia's fault. It's the people who believe things without references.
Just sayin'.

I live near the home town of the Classics...Auburn, In. Every year they have a big festival for the Auburn's, Cord's and Duesenburgs. It's the biggest collector car auction there is. We have people from all over the world coming in. Cords are beautiful cars, but my favorte is the Auburn speedster Boat tail.

http://www.pbase.com/wingman26/auburn_cord_dusenberg_museum&page=all

I live near the home town of the Classics...Auburn, In. Every year they have a big festival for the Auburn's, Cord's and Duesenburgs. It's the biggest collector car auction there is. We have people from all over the world coming in. Cords are beautiful cars, but my favorte is the Auburn speedster Boat tail.

http://www.pbase.com/wingman26/auburn_cord_dusenberg_museum&page=all

Cool link, gink. I like the turquoise Boat Tail, and the prototype cord is a nice blue.

But that melon colored Cord is a crime! :dizzy:

Hmmm. A melon colored baby? :D

The Auburns and Cords were manufactured right in Auburn, I don't remember how the Duesenburgs got mixed in with them, they still have a lot of the original factories there of them, the one is now the muesum for them. E.L Cords house is was in Auburn also and is still there, a lot of history in that little town. Sorry for the rant about the Cord:)

Had two beautiful CORDs roll past my detail shop this fall, just motoring along. Really really nice cars.

All right you morons - I know a chord when I see one. I've got a Masters degree in music, for crying out loud.

Here's your basic major chord (not to be confused with a major operation, a major-general, or a drum major):
attachment.php

minor chord (not to be confused with an underage minor, a coal-miner, or the minor league):
attachment.php

The three Augmented sixth chords (French, German, and Italian, which have their respective differences in regards to what you're supposed to drink as you listen to them):
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The Tristan Chord (which Wagner made up in order to show off how smart he thought he was):
attachment.php

The Petrushka Chord (which was made up by Stravinsky to show that he thought he was just as smart as Wagner):
attachment.php

A Cluster Chord (which has the aural effect akin to that of a cluster bomb, although the maximum effective range is somewhat greater):
attachment.php

(And let's not forget blues chords, jazz chords, modal chords, the tri-tone [also known as the 'train whistle chord'] and others, but this is enough to start with.)

As you are no doubt aware, people have been making loads of money from selling these and many other chords. It's a lucrative business, but you can't get much heat out of them.

Latest posts

Back