Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening Gents,no posts for over 24 hours.:msp_sad: I finished splitting a big load of american elm around 9:eek:o pm tonight. I couldn't turn it down,curb side and they loaded it. I did block it up to suit me though,about twenty minutes of sawing and I was headed home.:) It will make some good day wood,mixed with some hedge.

Bout 9 more loads and you'll have your supply licked Jim!

Working on a Hesston 5540 why I wait till last minute every year.

It's called procrastination.never fix anything today that you can put off untill tomorrow. Besides you have been busy fixing chainsaws and quilting,which is way more fun.:hmm3grin2orange:

Sup guys.

Any of you know of any big junk yards down yer way....?? I'm looking for a roof/headliner for a 91-94 Cavalier (coupe). I've called a lot of places around here (along with other states in the Northeast) and not one junkyard has a parts Cavalier, anywhere. Cars rot out so bad up in this region with the salt - one junk yard here in NY told me the oldest vehicle they had there was an '02 Mailbu. That's NY for ya. :dizzy:

If you guys can think of a place lemme know!

Sup guys.

Any of you know of any big junk yards down yer way....?? I'm looking for a roof/headliner for a 91-94 Cavalier (coupe). I've called a lot of places around here (along with other states in the Northeast) and not one junkyard has a parts Cavalier, anywhere. Cars rot out so bad up in this region with the salt - one junk yard here in NY told me the oldest vehicle they had there was an '02 Mailbu. That's NY for ya. :dizzy:

yo might search joplin mo. salvage yards on the computer, one's called west 7th street, should be cars some cars there for sure!

Sup guys.

Might be able to find one. The challenge is having them remove it without breaking the hard foam backing. There are a couple of yards here that let you remove the parts yourself. I'd be glad to see if they have one and take it out. You have to remove the seats to get the headliner in and out without damaging it on some cars. The cost of shipping for that size of item might be high unless you could pick it up at a GTG. Let me know if you want me to check it out. If the backing is good, you can get the material with the soft foam already attached at a fabric store or trim shop.

Went to an auction yesterday to buy some John Deere parts lawn tractors. They had around 15 small Stihl and Husky parts saws that I was going to check out but they sold them while I was loading. I guess $3 apiece was probably too much to pay anyway :cry:

I did buy a bunch of Snap-On tools for less than Harbor Freight prices though. :msp_rolleyes:

To give you an example of how big it was, they had 350 lawn tractors, 80 push mowers, and around 200 trimmers. :msp_w00t:

Might be able to find one. The challenge is having them remove it without breaking the hard foam backing. There are a couple of yards here that let you remove the parts yourself. I'd be glad to see if they have one and take it out. You have to remove the seats to get the headliner in and out without damaging it on some cars. The cost of shipping for that size of item might be high unless you could pick it up at a GTG. Let me know if you want me to check it out. If the backing is good, you can get the material with the soft foam already attached at a fabric store or trim shop.

Yeah like you said, sometimes those headliners are a real pain to get in and out without removing the seats. And what I'm really looking for is the hard foam backing, the used headliner cloth has very little value to me. My headliner foam backing started to dry rot really bad and it was just breaking apart in pieces. I had to cut it out, now all I have is a metal roof inside.

Steve if you could find one I'd SO appreciate it buddy. I talked to a guy in Pittsburgh who professionally restores interior, and all he needs is a headliner panel in "okay shape or better". When I have my hands on a panel I'm gonna take a road trip to this dude's shop and have the the whole thing redone (Pittsburgh is pretty far away - a little over 4 hrs - but it's the closest place to me that actually does interior auto work). I'd more than likey bite the bullet on having ya ship it (provided you can get yer hands on one). And to be more specific, my Cavalier has a sunroof - I'm gonna call the guy I spoke with at the interior shop and see if he'd rather have one with a sunroof hole cut in it or not - I'm guessing he won't mind either way but I'll check just to be sure.

Believe it or not, the thought of having a new headliner panel and newly done headliner installed in this car is terribly exciting, lol. Steve if you can help me buddy I'll be greatly in your debt. :bowdown:

--
Edit: I'm pretty sure when I cut my old headliner out, the panel/foam backing went down the insides of the B pilars. If it's too big of a chore, feel free to tell me to find one on my own. I don't want ya to feel ya hafta get caught up in a frustrating project for some goofball up north and his 92 Cavalier! ;)

Last edited:
Back